86

[harry’s pov]

I loved the sound of her giggling like that. Something just settled in my heart at the sound, like everything was just right. I leaned in and moved the loose strand of hair away from her eyes, which were sleepy and clearly still in the state between awareness and dreaming. Yesterday’s drama seemed non existent right now, as we lay here in the morning sunshine. I had woken before her and watched how the sun travelled over her skin the same way my eyes did; taking in every inch. Her hair a mess; a perfect mess. Her eyes closed. Her features completely relaxed and peaceful. The sight was giving me peace for a short while right now, but I still couldn’t help letting the dark thoughts sneak in sooner or later. I knew they would come. I couldn’t let anybody hurt her.

“It’s not fair to wake anybody up like this,” she mumbled from her half sleeping as I kissed her collarbone again, chuckles escaping from my lips against her skin. What had awoken her was my fingertips playing over the exposed skin of her collarbones, over her shoulder, down her arm. Eventually her eyes had tiredly fluttered open with the movement of sleepiness and finally their beautiful focus had settled on me. That’s when the giggling had started.

“Not fair because…?” I asked teasingly as she rubbed her eyes and sighed happily. Her smile was wide.

“Because dreams aren’t supposed to continue after you wake up - you’re messing with my mind you know that?” She answered me with a soft tone with one eye closed, still getting used to the daylight streaming in from the window. Her voice was thick from sleeping - and I loved it more than I probably should.

“So you’re not sure if this is real?” I asked tracing a finger down her jawline. She was in an old oversized t-shirt, whose neck had been cut more widely open so it fell down her shoulder a bit. I couldn’t make out the fainted print. Her smile fell a little as her eyes stayed with mine through the tiredness.

“Maybe you’re still dreaming?” I moved my gaze to her lips as I followed the lines there; the perfect curve of her bottom lip. I could almost feel the blood rush under her skin. I leaned in and kissed her right under the jaw where I had left my mark of a supernova some days ago.

“How will I know if I’m dreaming or not, then?” She asked with a still sleepy voice, as her hand found mine. We were laying on the mattress at her place. I leaned back to watch her; she rolled over so she was facing me but her eyes were closed again heavy with the sleepiness. I hummed deeply as my heart felt like it bubbled over with something light and golden. Her hand was still holding onto mine and a smile played on my lips, as I moved a little to get into another more seated position. I looked around me to see if what I had in mind was close; and right there on one of the stacks of books which she used as tiny tables - right there lay exactly what I needed.

I stumbled to my feet leaving her hand abandoned behind; but I hurried back just as quickly with the object of my interest in a clenched fist and a crooked smile.

“Well there are a lot of ways to test that,”

She opened one eye to watch me as I lay down next to her on my stomach this time. I was only wearing some pajamas pants since she had gotten rid of my t-shirt last night. It had been too warm to sleep with anyway and I hadn’t bothered finding it again in the darkness. She pulled the duvet up closer to her chest, while slowly untangling her legs from it - it was probably too warm with it here in the ocean of sunshine.

“Hmm like what?” She mumbled as her eyes opened slightly again; half her face was covered by the duvet just reaching under her eyes so she could see me.

“Well,” a smile was playing on my lips; she was laying further up the mattress than I was, so I could easily reach out my hand and draw slow circles into the skin on her legs, which was only half hidden by the duvet. Her skin felt smooth and burning hot to my touch. She was still laying on her side watching me, while I enjoyed the warmth from her skin streaming into my fingertips.