》mental war

I refuse to sleep until he's home. It's been like 10 hours; they won't leave me alone incase I run. They care, I know they do, but I need him. I can hear them whispering as I stare at the floor, biting my finger nails.

"Sam says they have one theory for what could be going on." Edward explains. "Seth is imprinting... sort of. But not in the way others do. They all described it as it had be taught to them - love at first sight in simple words. But with Seth and Ady, they obviously knew each other. They think Seth's wolf gene is confused - maybe because of the loss he suffered or the age he changed. He was one of the youngest pack members to ever change and they have no idea what adverse effects it could have had. Maybe this is one."

"But can't the pack see that they are imprinting?" Carlisle asks; I can tell he's frowning even though I can't see him.

"Jacob tried to see it that way but as the alpha he has to put his pack first. Until the process is complete he can keep apart as much as he wants. He sees Adley as a threat because this has never happened before. And the way Seth is acting... It's like he's about to phase for the first time, but worse."

"It doesn't make sense." Esme sighs.

"It is so infuriating that I can't see." Alice chimes in, clearly aggravated.

They all go silent and I realise they're suddenly standing beside the couch I sit on. I look over, out of the still broken window, and see Leah walking over.

I stand quickly. "Where is he?"

She doesn't look at me, speak to me or acknowledge me. She speaks to Edward. "We stopped them just outside of Vancouver, bout two hours ago. Billy and the elders are consulting on what to do." Her eyes flick to me and her lip curls up a little.

"Hey, bitch." I snap. "Where is Seth!" I yell.

"You better shut her up before I rip her throat out!" She spits.

"Go on then!" I yell until Jasper sets a hand on my shoulder and I relax - unwillingly, of course. Jerk.

"Leah, go." Carlisle says quickly. She glares at me once more and phases, running off.

I scream in frustration and push Jaspers hand off. "We need to set boundaries!"

"We just want you safe Adley." Bella frowns.

"Safe? I'm not safe unless Seth is." I growl.

Nessie sighs. "Dad, we can't keep her away. That's her mate. If Jacob was taken from me I'd be the same."

"But what can we do? He obviously isn't in control - He's like he was when he first phased. It's as if he regressed again." Jasper says.

"Let me see him. Please!" I beg them all.

Renesmee sighs. "I'll talk to Jake... if you are his mate then you may be the only one who can get through to him."

I look at her pleasingly. "Please. Thank you."

She smiles small and pulls her phone out going outside. I begin to pace and bite my thumb nail again; I've never had feelings this intense. I have never been so attached to someone; it makes sense how Seth said 'when he moves, she moves'. I need to be beside him. It hurts being away - I feel alone, empty.

"Its okay Adley, it'll all sort itself out." Alice tries to comfort me.

I look at them all before walking outside. Emmett goes to stop me but I hear Edward tell him to let me go, I won't be going far. He's right - I have no fight left.

I walk up and down the lake, so long that the sun begins to rise over the horizon and the stupid birds begin to sing. If I keep going soon there will be a trail where I've walked...

"Ly?"

I gasp - Only one person calls me that. "Seth!" I take off running and throw myself at him, holding him close to me. My heart thuds loudly in relief as it feels his beating beside it. My Seth is safe.

"What happened? Where were you?" I whisper cupping his face and checking signs for injury.

He kisses my palm and sets me down, keeping his arms around me. "I'm fine..."

"No... Edward said it could be something to do with your wolf gene?" I look up at him anxiously.

He sighs and looks out at the mountains behind us. "I don't know... but I'm scared." He whispers and I gently touch his cheek frowning. He closes his eyes leaning into my touch. "I can't control myself. Every. Little. Thing. Is. Making. Me. Mad." He says slowly.

"It's okay. I promise it's okay." I stroke his cheek and stand on my tippy toes to kiss his jaw. At barely 5ft 1 myself, he's almost a while foot taller than me.

He inhales slowly at my touch. "You.. should just reject me. Don't let me imprint."

I scowl. "No. I want this, I want you."

He scoffs a little and looks down. "You don't mean to. You don't have a choice."

"Can I interject?" Edward says softly.

I glare. "Well you already did so sure carry on."

He ignores the bitterness and looks at Seth, a boy who, despite them being natural born enemies, is someone Edward holds close to his heart as a friend and maybe even a brother. Edward has always been fond of Seth.

"I've read a few minds of those who have been imprinted on and, well, while Adley's is similar in many ways, she also thinks a lot clearer and more rationally than most. She is able to choose what she wants and who she wants and she honestly is choosing you."

Seth looks down at me, a smile hinting at his lips. I blush; I didn't expect Edward to say anything like that. "Well, I'm glad." He whispers and I smile as he kisses my head.

"There is something we need to discuss, thought, as a family."

"Later." I turn away.

"No, now. Please." He adds.

Seth squeezes my hand and I sigh as we head inside to the Cullen's plus Jacob. I look at them all as I sit down on the couch, cuddling into Seth's side. Jacob has a faint pink line on his neck and I smirk a little - Seth gave him what he deserved.

"Seth, Adley. Me and Jacob have been discussing a few things and... we think it's best you two aren't alone too much." Carlisle says.

I laugh coldly. "Didn't I mention boundaries only like an hour or so ago?"

He sighs. "We just want you safe-"

"So you keep saying."

"- and this is the best thing for you." He ignores my interruption. "We aren't going to follow your every step but we ask that someone is within hearing distance or is able to step in at a seconds notice... since Seth can't control himself."

I glare as Seth just stares at the floor. "That isn't fair! It isn't his fault."

"I know, sweetheart. But it isn't forever. And it isn't up for discussion." Jacob says.

I growl as he calls me sweetheart. I hate him. Hate. Him.

"You're right." Seth whispers. I look at him shocked. "We agree. Just until we figure out what this is..."

I frown as Carlisle thanks him for co-operating with them and understanding. Edward watches me as I go upstairs silently, feeling Seth quickly follow. We will not discuss this until we're alone. Really alone.