twenty-six

April 18th, 1993

Months later and now I'm seven months pregnant. I'm getting hella big man. I'm mostly just glad that everything is going smooth and I'm not stressing myself over it. Plus, Devante is by my side so I'm fine.

Today is my baby shower and everyone is coming. My family and friends are coming from Baltimore for this, including Gina. I don't know what the gender of my baby is yet so we've been saving it for today. So shii, if people bring the wrong stuff, I can save it for the next. Knowing me and Devante... we'll probably have another one.

"Is everything set up?" I asked.

"Yeah, Mary's cooking and Auntie Clarissa is getting the balloons" Madison told me.

"And the other Mary is at the doctors getting my gender right?" I wondered.

"Yeah and when she find out, she gonna get the blue or pink velvet cake" she said.

"Ok good" I said.

"Girl relax, everything gonna be good" she told me.

"Yeah... you right" I smiled.

"Don't worry suga, today will be great for you!" Mary (Devante's mom) called out from the kitchen.

I nodded and hoped it went good.

later on

People were arriving to the shower now. Showering me with love, talking about the baby, rubbing my stomach, and gushing about how excited they were. Right now, my mom was telling everyone how she reacted when she found out I was pregnant.

"I almost had a whole stroke y'all! Like Ralph nearly broke his leg and I choked on my tea when she told us!" Mom told everyone.

"Well damn Diana, what did you say?" My cousin asked.

"All I said was mom, dad, I'm pregnant. That's all. It's not like I was pregnant and didn't know who the father was" I laughed.

"Speaking of father... how's you and your little boy toy Devante?" Auntie Clarissa wondered.

"Oh, us" I blushed.

Everyone started to ooh and ahh as I blushed.

"I don't blame you, Devante is so fine" one of my cousin's niece blurted out.

Everyone gave her a look. Her momma look like she was gonna pop her in the mouth.

"What? He is" she said as she ate something.

"Girl, you like 14, stop" I giggled.

"Ok, and you were barely legal when you got with him" she shot back.

"I was legal though" I said.

"Two months legal, you weren't even halfway or close" she said.

"Little girl getting brave" I said in my head.

Bitch

I let out a fake laugh as it was awkward silence.

"Anyways..." I started. "We good, we good. In a better state than we once were but we good".

"Great, they coming right" Auntie asked.

"Yeah, later though" I said.

"Alright y'all, food's ready!" Mary called out.

I rushed right into the kitchen to get my food. Even though I had some fries earlier, a bitch- I mean the baby was hungry. I had that good south shit but double.