Nine

Ethan's POV (surprise surprise)

I gripped the ball tighter as I stared at the net. It wasn't the small round one that I would normally look at, it was bigger than that. The wide opening at the top squeezing smaller as it travels down to the machine part that launches the next ball my way. I couldn't focus like usual, which is why I'm being held after practice.

I threw the ball towards the wide net, sending it to fall down against it. The next ball was shot at me. Gripping this one felt weird. Like I was foreign to the texture.

"Straighten your back!" Coach yells at me. Mentally rolling my eyes, I do as told and throw the ball in the direction of the net, missing completely. Having it be the one of many missed shots, coach turned off the machine and strolled up to me.

"You gotta work on that aim." He sighs disappointedly.

"I'm trying, dad!" I snap, annoyed.

"Is everything alright? Something on your mind?" He questions, dismissing the coach side and acting more as my father.

"No, nothing's on my mind." I run my hand through my hair. "Just tired."

He stares down at me as if trying to find any hint of a lie. He sighs, waving his hand. "Go get changed. I'll meet you in the car."

Ignoring him, I make my way to the locker room ready to get out of these clothes. I was sweaty and in much need of a shower that would wait for home. At the moment, I just wanted to fall down onto my bed and ignore any and everything around me. My lack of energy didn't help that I had to deal with my annoying family soon.

Pulling my shirt over my head, I picked up my phone as the screen lit up. Hovering over the wallpaper of my phone was a string of notifications from Blue. A smile found its way to my lips as I read the message from top to bottom.

Blue
Bitch, you better answer XD

Heeeyyyy

You spammed me in class today so imma do the same to you

WHAT IF THIS WHOLE THING ENDED LIKE THAT MOVIE Unfriended?!

Heeeyyyy

Hey Darling!

Unlocking my phone, I began typing my reply before shoving my phone in my pocket and leaving for my fathers car without a second thought.

Darling
I was busy, and still am XD

I pushed the door out of my way, throwing my bag over my shoulder. The lights in the gym were already turned off, leaving me to lock the gym doors. After I know all doors are locked, I make my way to the black truck my dad was sitting in. Opening the passenger seat door grabbed his attention away from his phone as I sat down and pulled the seatbelt over my torso.

On the way home a word was not spoken. The only sound filling the air was the faint melody the radio played. Even then, the ride was pretty much silent. My dad wasn't much of a talker when he drives, while my mom is the complete opposite. She never shuts up. I'm not saying its a bad thing, she just never gets the hint that most of the time we want to be left in silence. But she feels as if its her job to keep us all away from the quietness and entertain us as much as she can.

We soon pulled into the familiar driveway leading to our house. As soon as the car stopped, my feet made contact with the hard cement. All I wanted was a shower and my bed. Usually the kids are in the basement, maybe I can get upstairs without them seeing me. Of course I was wrong. The four siblings of mine sat in the living room staring at the screen intensely.

"Ethan!" My older brother, Andrew yelled. "The sweaty boy!"

"Mark!" My only sister of four siblings, Keegan called me by my middle name. Growing up with four brothers, she turned out to be quite a tomboy. Even her name is more for a boy.
(Idc if you say Keegan is a girl name, I'm used to it being for a boy!)

"What took you so long?" One of the twins, Grey asks. "Tyler bail on driving you around?"

"No, I was held back by somebody." I rolled my eyes, taking my shoes off.

Dad came through the door. "Its not my fault you're slacking before a big game."

"It'll be fine, I'll be back to normal tomorrow."

The thirteen-year-old twin, Quinton spoke up. "Yeah dad, all he needs is to screw some random girl! He'll be back to normal in no time!"

I ignore his comment and begin to make my way upstairs before my mom could come out and lecture me about my sleeping schedule. I'll admit, I've been staying up late lately. Its not all my fault! I mean, its partly Blue's fault, she's the one keeping me up. She never fails to make time pass faster than it seems.

"Mark!" Keegan calls, chasing after me up the stairs. She always calls me by my middle name. It gets confusing when Mark is here, but that doesn't stop her. The fifteen-year-old stops at my door before knocking on it.

"What?" I groan, pulling my bedroom door open.

"We're going to the park. Wanna come?" She asks, her eyes screaming 'Say yes'.

"No," I rolled my eyes. Is it that hard to get some time alone in this house? "I just got out of practice, can't I sit in my room now?"

"Whatever," She rolls her eyes. "You're going through that age. I guess you need some time alone." She grins.

A laugh finds its way into the air. "No! That is not what I am talking about!"

I suddenly stop laughing and look down towards my sister. "Wait, how do you know about that?"

"When you share a room with two boys going through puberty, you learn a lot." She laughs, turning to go back downstairs.

What is my family? A great, but annoying one.

Andrew is the only sibling in here that he has irl...the age difference isn't accurate though