IDLE TALK | Graham Hereford

|©Reandayo - 14 March 2018|

I was borned as the third son in Hereford household, an Earl rank family. My mother was the daughter of a commoner, but she was so beautiful that my father decided to ask for her hand; made her to be his third concubine.

Although my mother is the Earl most favorite, she have to struggle amongst the other two concubines and the official wife. Dramas and schemes are everywhere.

She said that she doesn't even dare to drink the water on her own fridge at her room, for she suspect of a poison given secretly by the other woman in the Earl harem.

When women are having competition on inviting the Earl to their bed, my mother was the first concubine to bear his child. That was me, Graham.

I grow with the pressure my mother gave. To always overcome the son of the Earl's official wife, my half brother in every achievement he got. Which I innocently obliged, and became the Earl most prideful son.

Thanks to my mother lineage beauty, my appearance was well known on high society and young misses from noble families were lining up to marry me. Among hundreds of proposal, a girl catch my eyes.

She was a natural beauty with a shy personality which I found cute. I will meet her everyday in every chance I got and she always adorably glare at me with shyness written on her face.

On my twelfth birthday, I decided to do what it means to get her to be my betrothed, to make her mine.

And also on my twelfth birthday..

..she died right in front of me.

People starts to point fingers at me, accusing me to be her killer. I tried telling them that I loved her and I would definitely not do that to my own beloved.

But they turned deaf ears at me and strip me from my status as the son of the Earl. With no backing, my mother killed herself after the bullying get intensified.

I lived at the streets as a commoner the next day, involving myself with criminals to get instant money for food and became wild.

On that time of uncontrollable life, I made the biggest mistake and make a fool out of myself. I involved myself with everything illegal, be it fights or gambling. I was tied with debts, and bad people.

And at a very faithful day, I met duke Wellington on his territory, he came to deal with the bad people I have socialized with.

True of his rumored title, the ruthless man devastate all people involved. When it comes to my turn, I fought with my all. I don't want to die. Atleast not yet when the true killer of her is still there somewhere.

Surprisingly, he approved my combat skills and so gave me a chance to be his bodyguard.

He promised to feed me three times a day and lend me a place for me to stay. He also made me realize that I'm still too young and not too late to start it all over. I still have the chance to find her killer.

Of course, before that he got my loyalty tested with all kind of tortures that he purposely made to test me. I passed it because I officially see him as my master, my benefactor. I will make sure to serve him and his family properly.

At that time he already have two sons, only people in the household know that they are adopted, including me.

But despite having no blood relation with the two, the Wellington couple still treat them as their own.

Their father, Alexander Wellington will always leave time for him to play with his family. Which I found it moving. Imagine what would people do when they look into this side of the ruthless lord, I bet they will vomit blood.

Years of raising and protecting the family, I grew close to the family and treat them like my own which they do the same.

After all of my lord's effort, blood, sweat and tears, the madam finally bear a child on her stomach which I internally cried in happiness on that (His face is still stiff).

Good job, my lord!

When the baby was born, it turns out to be a girl, a small cute little girl named Elena.

She was pampered and the family members hardly say no to her which worried me that she will turns to be a spoiled bratty little princess like my ex-fiancee candidates.

Until the day she requested me to be her personal bodyguard. I dare to bet she is only interested in my looks, all the girls said that.

But she only interested in my skills, and she want to learn all of it. When I thought it was only a buff, she proved it with her efforts of doing my training regularly without complain.

I turned serious on training her to defend herself. The way she look so determined and her dimple smile make her more loveable. It's like I have fallen in love for the second time. I also feel guilty and scared, it's like I am unfaithful of my first love.

However, our age gap is so big that I doubt my lord will allow this, and how protective of him with his first daughter scared me even in my dream, so it's safest if I carry on treating her like my little sister.

That's why, I will always be at her side and stood tall to eliminate all the wolves unworthy of her.

Afterall, I am the lord's right hand man.

|AUTHOR NOTE |

I am a fan of Anime and K-POP, I have already visited Japan once but it's not enough. I was given the chance to go to either Korea or Japan again.

I want to choose the later option, but my mind keep telling me that I should've go to other country instead of Japan again.

Which one should I go to?