Chapter 1

Ava's POV

“Are you guys done?” I asked.

“In a minute sweetie” my mother answered from her room.

“God, your mother takes forever to get ready.” My father said. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Wow, Dad you're looking so handsome.” I said.

My father, Donovan Corbin Wilson, is the most handsome man on this earth. Well I may be biased but who cares. He looked so good in his black suit. This date night is going to be lit.

“Thanks honey. Hopefully I am handsome enough for your mother.” He said.

“Well if you weren't handsome enough for me I wouldn't have married you.” My mom said as she stood at the door. She looked so pretty in her blue maxi dress. God I wish I could be beautiful as her.

“Mom you look absolutely stunning.” I said.

“Well I agree with that.” My father said.

“Okay now love birds hurry or you will be late for your date.” I said.

I went into the living room and picked up my buddy Alex. He smiled at me and placed his hands on my neck while I put him on my hip.

“Will you and Alex be okay by yourselves?” my mother asked looking concerned.

“Of course. Alex and I are going to have lots of fun. Isn't that right baby?” I cooed to Alex, and he giggled in response. He wiggled in my arms, so, I placed him down. He happily crawled back to his play area.

“What are you going to do while he's napping?” My father asked.

“Don't know. Maybe read some books.” I said. I loved reading books. Once I start I couldn't stop. I picked up 'Origin' by Dan Brown.

“Oh lord Katharine when I said I want an intelligent daughter I didn't want a full time nerd” my father said. I rolled my eyes at him. There he goes again.

“But you are stuck with me forever old man try to live with it.” I said winking at him.

“I would love that sweetheart but I don't want you to be, like this forever. No friends no social life hell you don't even have a boyfriend.” He said. My cheeks burned.

“Dad!! You're supposed to be like don't-come-near-my-daughter-or-I-will-kill-you-types. Besides, I love the way I am and I love looking after Alex. I am a big girl, 19 years old for god’s sake I can handle responsibilities well.” I said.

“Alex wasn't supposed to be your responsibility.” He said seriously. His eyes now lacked the amusement.

“Dad no. We're not doing this again.”  I said.

I hugged him and buried my face in his chest.

“I love Alex and I love you and Mom too. I'm happy the way I am now.” I said.

My mother placed a hand on my shoulder and said, “We love you more lovebug.”

I pulled away from my father, and he kissed my forehead. I hugged my mother and kissed her cheek. I kissed my father's cheek and  went back to take Alex.

“Alex baby say bye bye to grandma and grandpa.” I showed him to wave his hand, and he smiled and waved towards my parents. He had learned to wave his hand last week. Ughh he is growing up so fast.

“Bye Alex.” My parents waved back to him.

“Ok now get moving on with your date guys”

“Bye Ava.” My parents said in unison.

They moved to their car and my father opened the door for Mom. Aww such a gentleman. Alex and I waved at them again as the car left our driveway.

Little did I know that they were not going to return that night.

A/N : Hello there beautiful people. That's chapter 1. I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Please check out my first book "Want you by my side " on my profile.

Please make sure to VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE.

Lots of love 😘😘😘😘😘
AisheeSaha ❤❤❤❤❤