FIFTY-SIX

"But we want it," I reply. "Just say yes," I whisper at him.

He doesn't say a word but starts to kiss me once again. "Fuck," he mutters not pulling away. This is what I missed, him. His hands roam my body but after a while he pulls away.

He picks me up placing me on the bed. I can feel his hot breathe hit my skin and I whimper. He attacks my neck with kisses. He makes it onto my chest sucking on sweet spot. I let out a small moan and he laughs.

But then his mood shifted. He gets away from me shaking his head at me,"No, we won't do this again not anymore. I said I was going to let you go and that's what I'm sticking to,"

"We don't have to hide anymore Ethan," I look at him but he doesn't look right back at me anymore. I felt so stupid for coming back here thinking he would take me back and go back to the way things were. "I want you," I plead

"You went with Chris. I begged you so many times and now you realize that you do want to be with me? It doesn't work like that," he continues to shake his head. I felt embarrassed at myself because I was in my old bed where we would sleep together.

All the moments where he didn't bother to stop me. Hiding behind closed doors, taking advantage of our parents not being home, and trying to hide what we had. But once it went into the light everything changed between us.

But now I was sure what I wanted. I was tired of sneaking around but I want to be with him and I'm sure of it. "I fucked up! Yes, I know that but don't we all?" I start to raise my voice but you can hear the cracks in between each word. I wasn't going to cry because of the rejection but because of the anger suddenly growing inside of me.

"I threw away my relationship for you!" I yell and he looks at me shocked. Soon after he starts to laugh by looking at me if I were a joke to him.

"We are toxic together!" he yells right back. "Why can't you see it? You hurt me and I hurt you back," he breathes heavily "I can't do this anymore," he finally says and now I was too late.

It was late to try to be with him, all the days where I would wonder what would happen between if we were in a relationship are going to stay a mystery. Because it's not going to happen, the hope is gone.

Even though I still feel something so strong inside of me I need to let go but I can't. "Why?" was all I said. "Remember what you said before, we can make this work," I keep insisting and at this point I looked so desperate for begging him to take me back.

I felt so safe in his arms, I didn't have to worry about a thing when I was with him. "Every couple has its ups and downs but we have too many downs. We weren't even a couple,"

I don't say anything to him anymore so I walk out of the room just keeping my gaze at the door. And when I walk out through the door I slam it shut behind me. I scream real loud letting everything out.

All I was feeling right now was rejection and pain. I kept walking as I was crying the whole time. I made too many mistakes and continue to make them and now I can't fix any of them. Because none of them will help me be with Ethan how I wanted it to be.

"Stop feeling," I tell myself angered with my fists to the side of my hips. How can I be so stupid? I keep thinking to myself.

I come to a stop to the park where I would smoke all the time to get away from home. "You'll be okay," I can hear Dylan whisper to me and so I chuckle.

"Will I?" I respond back. And he looks at me nodding with a huge grin on his face. I never understood how every time something went wrong Dylan appeared even though I knew it was just my imagination playing games with me. "You're not even real," I say

But he shakes his head looking at me, the look on his face was disappointing now. "Stop doing this to yourself, you knew this was going to happen Macy but you still went for it. Now you're sitting here crying and talking to your dead beat friend,"

"It doesn't matter anymore like you said you're dead," I said very coldly and right after I instantly felt regret saying that to him. "I'm sorry," I correct myself.

Slowly he starts to vanish but before he's actually gone he says,"I love you and I will always be helping you even when you don't know I'm here. He will be a great father to Riley a father I couldn't be." he frowns "Everything has an explanation on why it's happening," and he disappeared

—-
ETHAN

"I don't know if I did the right thing Bri," I tell her as I'm holding Riley in my arms.

"Does it feel right," she responds giving me her back.

I sigh,"Yeah,"

"Then you did the right thing." she looks at me and smiles. She comes closer to me and takes Riley from my arms. She walks out the door and I just take a seat on the bed.

Maybe, she's right. If it feels right then I did do the right thing. I may have a kid who isn't mine but I need to be mature now. I can't be in a toxic relationship when all we did was please each other and hurt ourselves because of it.

I did feel bad that I rejected her and how I had to see her broken like that. But I couldn't keep putting my feelings last and then hers. I tried to hard to be with her and I finally gave up. Then she comes back?

This isn't a game where you have two choices just waiting for you. This is life, it won't always be there waiting there. Eventually they get tired of waiting and begging you. They give up because they don't see any hope in bothering you.

That's what I did, I gave up she saw hope. But mine was gone and she never saw it until it broke her.

edit of feb 23. 2021, if you liked this book go check out "burning desire" it's harry styles fanfiction  it's my new book :)

end of book! sorry i'm late but the epilogue will be up maybe next week i want it to be nice and though out you know?

IM SO SAD I FINISHED WRITING THIS 😭. to everyone who read it i love you so much. i started off with 100 reads now we are close to 400k!😩

i'm sorry if you didn't like the way things ended. don't take things for granted !! anyway idk if i will keep writing on wattpad for a while since i'm busy but if i don't then i'll come back in the summer !!

i love u :) // when i have my 15 (may 26th) would you guys want me to put the pictures on here??

peace

-mitzy