23: confirmation

Review of what happened in the previous updates :

- Jimin confesses after Soojung goes to find Jungkook when she kicked him unconscious. ( They were boxing ) Soojung rejects him but he remains determined

- they are currently on a school trip to Gyeongju

- Jungkook and Soojung got locked in the basement room

- someone opened the door

Sorry for taking such a long break 😖 but my nuggets are really so understanding and sweet it's so unbelievably touching. I did my best for this update!!

……………

"What are you doing....?" I turned my head towards the opened door - only to find a girl glancing at us with a terribly nervous expression. She adorned a set of pigtails and wore heavy black rimmed glasses, enough to cover the entirety of her face. Her tiny voice was shaking as if she's interrupted a lovers' - ahem, passionate bonding session.

"I..." her face darkens with dread.

"I'M SORRYYY !" she wails, before running off in the other direction. The familiarity of her face suddenly struck me - she's our classmate. Due to her lacking presence, I wasn't able to notice her, but I saw her name numerous times in the class records.

"Great, someone saw it. What if she tells everyone?" I flicked my finger onto his forehead as a little punishment.

Jungkook threw a side smirk at me, leaning down to kiss my neck and shooting a teasing look. "What will they do anyway? I'm only embracing what's mine."

"Huhh?" a manly groan escapes my lips as I kicked him off, brushing my shoe clean from the dust. "the only thing that belongs to you here is your huge ass ego." I casually held up my pinky finger tauntingly. Jungkook's expression remains amused and satisfied at my comebacks - he's loving it, for some reason.

"You're so unbelievable.." Jungkook chuckles, hiding his smile with his arm.

"Unbelievably adorable."

_______________________________________

"Hey." I approached Jimin, who was focusing hard on his reflection journal. He doesn't answer — but pushes up the rim of his glasses, licking his lips slowly as he seems to think of what to pen down. His strong arms were pressed roughly onto the table with the sleeves rolled up. "Jimin?" I called again from behind his back, but he doesn't spur - until I realize that he's scribbled little baby stars all over the paper.

"Jimin." I tried again, but the troubled look on his face remains stagnant. "It's Soojung." I whispered into his ear, causing him to break from his trance, falling ahead slightly onto the table.

"Soojung." He hides his flushing ears, getting a grip on himself. "Where'd you go?"

"Nevermind that. Have you seen a girl with pigtails and rimmed glasses?" I asked, and a glint of realisation shone in his eyes - as if he knew what I was talking about. Our conversation, was however, quickly dismissed when footsteps begun crowding into the room we were at.

"Soojung! You little b*tch...I know you're here!" the voices of girls echoed in the room, and I immediately pulled Jimin down under the desk with me, pressed up against each other's bodies. God, not this again - I thought in a fluster as I pressed my face into Jimin's chest, in which I could clearly hear his racing heartbeat. His arm wraps around my back respectfully, trying his best to squeeze us together in the tight space while avoiding the areas he's not supposed to touch. A smell of his cologne emitting from his bare neck was all I could smell.

"I swear I saw someone come in here!" one of the girls whined, making me burn with annoyance.

However, the feeling turns quickly into panick when they begin to make their way across the room, moving dangerously close to our hiding spot. The warmth of our body temperatures caused drips of sweat to form on Jimin's neck, and his parted lips exhaled heavy, deep breaths. Hold on just a little longer - I sent a look to him, and he nods, biting down on his lower lip.

"Did you hear something?"

"Yeah. I think it was over there..."

Oh god, I'm so screwed.

I mentally prepare myself as their voices sounded closer and closer - until a little idea popped up in my head, an idea that required technical skill and capability.

I hastily pressed my index and thumb fingers onto the curves of my throat, emitting soft, high pitch sounds from my vocal cords. "What are you doing?!" Jimin pulls me further into his grasps, alarmed. A wry smirk makes its way onto my face; and a flush of pink spreads across his cheeks as my eyes stared deeply into him — he has no idea. "I'm going to chase them away," I whispered into his ear. "just watch."

Jimin's eyes started to sparkle with curiosity. "SQUAWWKKKK!" I called, and almost immediately he turns to me in utter shock. "SQUAWK SQUAWK! POK POK ! POKEHHH" the pitchy bird sounds continued from my mouth. "SKRRT!"

"What the? It's just a bunch of stupid birds." the assumed leader of the notoriously dumb group of girls stated, before proceeding towards the door. Jimin glances at me with a look that seemed to say; holy shit that actually worked

"Oh my god." Jimin releases his laughter, clutching his stomach frantically. I frowned as he continued chuckling at me with the sides of his eyes crinkling cutely - was it that funny? I averted my eyes sulkily. He combs back his hair, leaning comfortably on the edge of the desk. "Seriously, I can't believe you." He tilts his head back. "You're adorable."

Adorable.

And at that moment - the moment he said that, I realized something.

"It's not the same...It's really not the same." I recalled the events with Jungkook earlier. Compared to now, my heart was beating so much faster.

"What's not the same?" he asks, a little confused. I gave a sad smile, filled with mixed emotions. I have to tell him - even if it means hurting him.

"I'm in love with him.."

"in love with Jungkook."

______________________________________

A/N: I don't know why I'm feeling unsatisfied by my writing all the time. Maybe seeing my friends who write excellently and then me with this shitty plot makes me sad lol....

I don't know if I want to write anymore to be honest