Chapter 50

Third person pov

"Hey, when was I supposed to tell you? Hidan was dying when I walked in." Orochimaru stressed as the kids gaped at him. Tsunade was back too, and she'd been with Orochimaru the whole time. Probably drunk if they had to guess, but that wasn't the point. Tsunade was, well, she was going to be so useful! They had two sannin now, and a kage, and a half-dead ex-cultist. That wasn't really the point. I mean, it was... But like, not.

"You were in contact with Tsunade?" The Third jolted forward in his seat, his brown eyes wide. For years Tsunade had been missing, and for years they'd been searching for him. Why had she been with Orochimaru? Was she... was she a part of this too? That was impossible! Hiruzen knew she'd left, but he still trusted her greatly. She was drunk and a bit sour about a great many things, but she certainly wouldn't drop so low as to willingly be around the likes of Orochimaru.

Losing her fiancé and little brother in the war had turned Tsunade bitter. She'd left near the tail end of the war, falling under the radar where she'd been staying ever since she stepped foot out of the gates. If she was going to come back, it would be because she was dragged here, kicking and screaming too. She'd never come back to Konoha without a fight. She'd proclaimed to Hiruzen that she'd die before returning to this "damn village."

But she was going to come back just like that? Because Orochimaru had asked her to?

"Ah, yes, she should be here soon. If she isn't in the village already." Orochimaru scratched the back of his head, and Shikamaru groaned loudly. Nothing was in order. Everything, in all honesty, was chaos. They couldn't make a solid plan like this. So many new factors were coming into play, they were just going to have to wing it.

Winging it was one of Shikamaru's favorite and least favorite things to do. In some cases it was fun and exhilarating, a challenge, a race against time. Other times things were moving too fast, and you were forced to make it up as you went along. That's what was happening right now, and it left them with a 50% chance of success and a 50% chance for failure. To live or to watch the world fall to shit for a second time. Shikamaru was hoping to avoid the latter.

"This is good." Gaara sighed. That woman was terrifying, and any enemy present would be hesitant to dare try anything with her around. She had been a kage, and was one hell of a kunoichi and medic. Even without those things in play, her temper was still enough to scare of anyone who had the audacity to try and attack her or anyone she cared for.

"What are you talking about? Tsunade-sama has been gone for years. There's no way she'd come back that easily." Shikaku frowned, his eyebrows furrowing. The kids looked excited, their eyes brighter than before. Did they truly believe she was going to return? Did Orochimaru really have that much influence over them?

"It's a long story. It'll all be fine, though. Believe it." He assured, clapping his hands together. Orochimaru let out a heavy sigh.

"That doesn't explain anything." Fugaku said in a dry tone. Clearly he was not amused nor was he happy about Tsunade's supposed return. In all honesty, he could care less. He just wanted to know what was going on his son and moreover how he could, you know, stop it. He was acting weird and like an adult, something he didn't like. He'd always wanted his sons to be mature, but not this mature.

"Great! Now we can just punch our way out of the problem!" Kurama exclaimed with sarcastic vigor. Naruto decided it best to ignore his overall sass. "Rude."

"It's none of your business." Sasuke waved him off.

"He's your father." Gaara pointed out blandly, earning a glare from Sasuke. "Right. But it's none of his business. It's not like you're four or anything." Gaara looked away innocently.

"Someone is throwing shade. I say they get into a fist fight, but that's just me. Who do you think would win? Stubby or the sand gremlin." Kurama propped his head up on his paw, grinning widely. Naruto groaned. Would he ever take anything seriously?

"Okay, well your dad already knows what's going on, so it isn't fair!" Sasuke sat up suddenly, and Shikamaru put his hand on his shoulder as the Uchiha began to argue his case. Gaara was irritated quickly, and he began to argue back. Naruto let out a loud groan. This was just what they needed during the Third's confrontation. An argument over parenting.

"Shut up, everyone!" Naruto said. They did, immediately. "Listen, we can explain later when everyone is here. Including Hidan and Jiraiya." He gave The Third and Shikaku a very pointed look, and a slight glare to Fugaku when he rolled his eyes. He knew what they thought of Hidan. They thought of him as scum, and didn't want him anywhere near them. But he and Orochimaru were way different now! They were good, and ready to fight any enemy they faced to the death! I mean, Hidan had already almost died, and Orochimaru was not letting people sit on his lap now, but he also had a man bun. Wasn't that enough?

"Fine. Assuming Tsunade-sama shows at all." Shikaku scoffed, and Fugaku nodded in agreement.

Orochimaru snorted slightly.

"I am so glad he said that." Kurama grinned. "Now I get to see the look on his idiotic face when he realizes how wrong he was."

Not even a second later, with perfect timing that made Naruto's whole face light up, the front doors blew off their hinges. The Hokage, Shikaku and Fugaku whirled around in their seats as they blasted into the opposite wall, the glass on them shattering. The whole room seemed to shake as they crashed to the ground, cracking the tile. Bits of the wall crumbled and fell along with it, dust from the drywall forming a small cloud. Rasa sputtered.

"NA-RU-TOOOOO!"

The smile vanished off the blonde's face and his skin lost color. "...Shit."

"You better fucking run." Kurama cackled. "Because here she comes!"