8. Kili - Request

Kili - Request

Summary : Bilbo Baggins had never existed. There is this hobbit girl, Ashley Baggins who lives in the Shire. She will join Thorin and his Company and will help them reclaim Erebor. And yet, what happens when a certain dwarf steals her heart?

Words : 2248.

A/N : This imagine was requested by asas01 Hope you like it! ❤️😊

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Narrator's POV

Ashley was home, getting ready to eat, after she has prepared a dinner of fish. She settled down at her table and was in the middle of sprinkling salt and squeezing some lemon on her food, when she suddenly heard the doorbell ringing, making her look up in surprise.

She was living alone and didn't have any friends, so she wasn't expecting anyone.

Narrowing her eyebrows, the girl went to open the door, only to see a tall, bald dwarf on her doorstep. The dwarf greeted her and bowed slightly. "Dwalin... at your service!"

Shellshocked, Ashley let out a noise like a whimper. Coming to her senses, she quickly tied her robe tighter and stood taller, although she was still confused. "Ashley Baggins... at yours!"

Dwalin walked inside without an invitation.

"D­-do we know each other?" the girl asked, trying not to sound rude.

"No! Which way, laddie? Is it down here?"

I-­is what down where?" she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

Dwalin dumped some of his stuff on the ground and thrusted the rest onto Ashley."Supper... He said there’d be food, and lots of it."

"He said? Who said?"

Dwalin sat at Ashley's spot on the kitchen table, eating dinner, while the girl sat behind him, confused.

The dwarf ate all the flesh from the fish, then the head as well, as Ashley looked on in disgust. "Mmm...Very good, this! Any more?"

Ashley shook her head. "What? Uh, oh, yes, yes...Help yourself!"

Ashley brought over a plate of biscuits and Dwalin began stuffing them in his mouth.

"Um...It’s just that, I wasn’t expecting company..." she trailed off.

The bell rang again, and the girl looked up in alarm.

"That’ll be the door..." Dwalin glanced at her.

Ashley opened the door and found an old, white­haired dwarf waiting and bowing. "Balin... At your service!"

"Good evening!"

"Yes, yes it is, though I think it might rain later. Am I late?"he asked.

"Late for what?"

Balin saw Dwalin, who was trying to get more biscuits from the jar. "Oh, ha ha! Evening, brother! Heh, heh!"

"Oh, by my beard, you are shorter and wider than last we met!" Dwalin replied.

"Wider, not shorter! Sharp enough for both of us." Balin added.

They laughed, greeting each other amicably. Putting their arms on each other’s shoulders, they smashed their foreheads together, while the hobbit looked on in wonder. "Uh, excuse me... I hate to interrupt, but the thing is, I’m not entirely sure you’re in the right house..."