》close to me

Seth lays asleep, his large head in my lap as I run my fingers through his soft yet rough fur. I hum softly and lean on the tree behind me, watching him.

3 days. 3 days since I've seen his beautiful face. Even as a wolf I can tell hes scared; no one knows what's going on with him. The pack, the elders, Sue... No one knows how to get through to him. It's worrying me.

I sigh and kiss his head, looking over as Esme brings me a sandwich out and a coffee; it still amazes me how their skin sparkles. Like, legitimately sparkles in direct sunlight.

"You need to rest." She says softly as she sits beside me.

I smile small and eat some of the sandwich. "He's actually surprisingly comfortable. I've managed to get some sleep on him. I'm probably more rested than he is." I look down at Seth, my hand still on his head.

"Carlisle and Billy are working together to maybe find a legend or another pack who may have some idea as to what is going on. Poor soul.." She shakes her head.

"He can handle this, mom... the doubt, the watching and the pressure others are putting on him is making it worse. I swear he can overcome this if others are willing to support him." I whisper looking up at her sadly.

She kisses my head. "Trust me, sweetheart, he will be back to normal in no time. Rose told me something... what you guys were planning on when he lost it..."

I blush deeply. "Don't go there. Don't have the talk!"

She laughs lightly. "Okay fine! But... just be safe okay? Take your time. You guys have forever." She smiles and kisses my head before she heads back inside.

I smile gently and sip my coffee as I watch Seth's tail twitch every now and then as he snores. I giggle gently and turn to the house; I see Edward playing the piano from the window while Bella watches him. Jasper and Alice are on the roof, his arms around her. Ugh... it's like everyone else gets their mate but me.

Rose and Emmett left yesterday - she made him go so he could cool off. It's super weird that their roles have reversed. Rosalie is being supportive and caring while Emmett gives me the cold shoulder and criticises my every move.

I sigh and close my eyes for a moment before I feel Seth move his head to my chest and I realise the fur has gone. My eyes fly open and I gasp as I move my hand to his messy hair.

"Oh Seth!" I cup his face as he squints up at me.

He smiles tiredly. "Not the way I imagined I'd hear you say that." He mumbles and wraps his arms around me.

I slap his arm playfully and hold him closer to me closing my eyes. We stay silent for a moment before he sits up pulling me into his lap. "I'm sorry..." he begins to say but I kiss him to silence him.

"No. I am. I am going to make the others see that they can trust you, that you have this thing under control. I shouldn't have left, I shouldn't have been scared of you!" I whisper and hold his tanned face in my pale hands. "Never again will I let that happen, Seth Clearwater. Never."

He smiles and his arms tighten around me, his hands tangling in my hair. I rest my forehead on his staring into his dark eyes; I missed those... "I'm so proud of you." He whispers and I blush.

"Don't be. I'm the reason you're all messed up." I sigh.

"No. This is no one's fault. Not the shape-shifters in my people's history, not the pack, not the vampires and certainly not you. This would have happened anyway and I don't know where I would be without you."

I sigh and kiss him gently knowing he's somewhat right. "I can't agree fully but you're maybe right. Let's go inside so you can shower, so I can. I've been sat here 3 days." I tease gently. He smiles and kisses me before he grabs is shorts.