Ch.13

Draco brought his hand up and at mid knock, he stopped again.

Oh Merlin how was he supposed to ask Hermione to go to lunch with him tomorrow with his mum?

It wasn't as if she owed him and even he had to admit his mum could be frightening. She was actually one of the most frightening women he had ever met. But Hermione was frightening in her own way. Oh hell, those two in the same room. Either things were going to explode or they would gang up against him. Neither sounded pleasant. Merlin he was not looking forward to tomorrow at all.

He took a breath before knocking on the door, finally.

!

Hermione was filling the bath for Teddy so she missed the knock on the door however Teddy who was sitting on the couch watching the television, heard it.

"Aunty Mione can I answer the door?"

"Yes?" Hermione asked, only hearing Teddy say her name, not his actual question.

Teddy hopped off the couch and made his way to the door. He had to stand a bit on tippy toes to reach he knob but he reached it none the less.

Draco watched as the door open. But then he didn't see anything in the door way. "Hello?" He called out.

"Hi."

Draco looked down to where the sound came from and found himself looking at a midget. "Who are you?"

"Who are you?" Teddy retorted back.

Draco raised both his eyebrows at the insolent tone of the boy. "Draco, Draco Malfoy."

"You have a funny name. Draco is that short for something?"

"No."

"Well… I'm Teddy, Teddy Lupin. It's short for Theodore."

With those words Draco's eyes almost bugged out.

"Teddy your bath's ready. Teddy Lupin I thought I told you not to ever answer the door without me… Draco?"

"This midget isn't yours is he?"

"I'm not a midget!" Teddy exclaimed.

"Sorry. I meant little person." Draco joked.

Teddy huffed then crossed his chest. "Well then you're just a," He couldn't finish.

"Freakish Giant?" Hermione offered.

"Yes, a freakish giant."

"Granger really?" Draco said dryly.

"Malfoy you're the one that's picking a fight with a toddler." Hermione rolled her eyes.

"I'm not a toddler either!" Teddy humphed then walked away. "I'm taking a bath." He announced.

"Sorry love, you know I didn't mean it that way." Hermione bent down to be level with him.

"You can give me a kiss and it'll be all better." Teddy grinned.

Draco's brows rose. While Hermione gave him a big sloppy kiss on his right cheek.

While she did so, Teddy couldn't help but stick out his tongue at Draco.

Draco's jaw went agape.

Hermione had somehow missed it.

"Now get into that bath and you better scrub yourself clean young man."

"I know." Teddy waved before ambling away.

Draco watched him leave with somewhat of a bewildered look on his face. "Well he's a spitfire."

"You don't know the half of it." Hermione sighed.