》sweet 16

"Happy birthday to you..." Several voices begin to sing.

My eyes squeeze shut and I try to stay asleep. Nope. No. Not today.

The covers are ripped off me and I curl up, my unicorn jammy bottoms on show. "Happy birthday day dear Adley. Happy birthday to you!"

I sigh and sit up rubbing my eyes. "Guys...."

They all stand smiling wide, holding presents and cards. Alice grins excitedly - she's forgave me pretty easily - and hugs me tight. "You're finally 16! And it's your first birthday with us!"

I huff and look at Esme for help. She smiles and kisses my head. "Happy birthday, sweetheart. You know we can't argue with Alice." She teases.

I smile small and sigh. "Thank you guys."

Carlisle smirks holding a brown envelope. "Presents first?"

I shrug and he hands me it. I take it and pull the thick papers out of it, reading them slowly.

Adley Sophia Cullen
Born October 12 2002
Mother - Esme Cullen
Father - Doctor Carlisle Cullen

I look at them both slowly, my mouth open and tears in my eyes. "This.. huh?"

"Welcome to the family, Miss Cullen." Esme smiles and hugs me sideways.

I throw myself at Carlisle and he chuckles as he catches me. I'm alive, safe, happy and with my family, all because of him. I have my soul mate because he decided to take me in. All I've become this past year is thanks to him.

"Thank you, dad... for this past year. I would've be here now i-if-"

He cuts me off. "Shhh, don't. I know." He whispers as I bury my head in his neck. He sets me down after a moment and I wipe under my eyes.

I lean in Esme as the others hand me gifts. Edward and Bella get me a new phone, Jasper and Alice get me new clothes (of course) and Rosalie and Emmett get me... a box?

I raise an eyebrow. "What...?"

"Open it." Rose smiles as she sits by me.

I slowly open it and see a car key which makes me gasp. "You guys I can't take this!"

"Surprise! And no takesy backsy." She giggles.

I go to the big window and look out of it, seeing the little but powerful Audi V10 sat there. "Oh my god!"

"Its fast but safe. The chances of you crashing it are slim. Plus it's easy to control and... I hope you like it." Emmett rambles. I go and hug him and finally Rosalie.

To say things have changed these last few months would be an understatement. We've had ups and downs... Seth has struggled to maintain his composure and control which caused more tension with the pack and us. He's trying to not phase at all which I know he's struggling with but will not admit to anyone.

My relationship with my family is so strong. My sister's are my best friends - especially Rose; I know, I am surprised too. And Jasper has warmed up to me which pleases me. He has the kindest soul beside Edward and Esme. Of course, though, Carlisle is the saint of us all.

Emmett continued to teach me to drive with Alice's instructions and schedule. Carlisle has helped me understand how to love and be loved. Esme has taught me how a mother should act. In all? I'm happy. Beyond happy.