Chapter Ten|| Bait

{Emily's POV}

"I just don't understand. Why come after you?" I spoke as Oliver, Claire, Brian, and I stood around in my room. 

"She fits the description." Brian shrugged. 

Claire stared at the floor still shook up. 

"Claire, is there anything you've done that you know the other victims have as well?" Oliver asked and she slowly looked up to meet his eyes and shook her head no. 

"I don't know why he came after me." She croaked out teary eyed and Brian instinctively pulled her into his embrace and she buried her face into his neck and I heard a small sob. 

"I'm going to take her to my room." He told us and we nodded watching the two of them leave. 

The second the door closed I growled angrily throwing the files in my hand on the bed watching the papers go everywhere. 

"Hey, calm down." Oliver said placing his hands on my shoulders. 

"I just-I can't believe he would go after her. I hate this man! I hate him! What does he get out of this?! That is my best friend and he hit too close to home this time. I'm going all in. I don't care if I have to go after him myself. I'm getting this guy." I said determined and Oliver looked over my features. 

"I can't let you get hurt like that." He said and I rolled my eyes. 

"Oliver, it's my job." I stated and he cocked and eyebrow. 

"And? You're my mate and you're under my command in my pack... I don't want you making irrational choices." He said and my features softened as I looked at the concern etched into his features. 

"Oliver... I just can't let this man destroy anything else." I mumbled and he sighed pulling me into his arms. 

"I know." He said softly and I reluctantly wrapped my arms around him. 

It was weird doing this. I never confided in Max. He never really cared much for my investigations and I always kept most details from him. Oliver being here and trying to help me was new. 

Our date was ended when I got a call from Brian explaining the events that had happened tonight. 

"He even managed to mess up our night." I added and Oliver chuckled. 

"We'll have plenty more, love. Especially after we catch this guy." He replied and I couldn't help but smile. 

"My partner in crime." I said grinning up at him and he smirked. 

"Damn right." He replied and I bit my lip looking down. 

"What do you plan on doing?" He asked after a minute. 

"Bait him." I replied. 

"You want to pull someone who fits his motto and bait them?" Oliver asked almost confused. 

"Yes, but it will be an agent and we'll be on standby." I told him and he nodded. 

"If he's this good... wouldn't he see through that though? An innocent girl or guy wandering around who just happen to fit what he's hunting for all defenseless. If I was a serial killer, I would definitely see through that." He countered and I squinted my eyes. 

"Well, what do you think we should do?" I asked and he thought about it for a moment. 

"Trap him." He replied and it was my turn to be confused. 

"That's what we plan on doing when we bait him." I said and he shook his head. 

"If Wesley can find out how he's getting into the packs then you can literally set a trap. Either to catch him or have people on standby." He said and I thought it over. 

"It's not a bad idea but it will take Wesley time to figure it out. We're lacking him and Tanner. We don't have time to waste. He knows we're lacking two of the team members and I think that is why he went after Claire. I still think we should bait him. It's worth a shot." I defended and he just nodded. 

"Okay, you're the agent, if that's what you think is best... do it." 

"I will." I replied and left his embrace and walked grabbing my phone to call the chief. This is going down tomorrow. 

***

"This is stupid." Claire growled out as we stood by some bushes with walkie talkies and other agents were scattered throughout the forest. 

We were set up by a trail that many pack members run on and we were hid perfectly.

"He isn't going to fall for it." She whispered to me. 

"You don't know that." I replied and watched as our agent that was the bait came jogging down the trail. 

It was nearing dark and she stopped and leaned forward breathing roughly acting like she was trying to catch her breath. 

Her phone started ringing and she answered it. 

"Hey," She panted out. "Nothing... just running. Sorry trying.. to catch my breath. Party? Where?" She asked into the phone and looked around letting out a breath. 

"I don't know. I'll be done with my run in a... few. No I'm by myself Allen did come with me...He was too busy with his football game to care." She said into the phone and started laughing and walked a little closer to us. 

"Uh... I don't know maybe ten, twenty minutes? But i'll have to get home and shower then get ready that's a whole other hour. When does the party start?" She asked and I mentally applauded her. 

She was a better actor that I would have been. 

"So it's Derek's-" She stopped talking when she heard a crunch and Claire and I's heads snapped to where the noise came from. 

"What? Sorry, no I thought I heard something. Look, it's getting dark.. I need to head home." She spoke starting to walk again. 

"Yeah i'll see you there, bye." She ended the call tucking her one into her jacket. 

She had a workout jacket on covering up her bullet proof vest. Her age was perfect for the target. 

She turned again when she heard more noises and birds flew from the trees hearing it too. A predator was around

He took the bait...

I pulled my gun up ready to fire and watched as she turned in a circle viewing her surroundings acting scared. 

She picked up her pace and then we saw him. He emerged from a brush pile and started chasing after her. She screamed running full force and the second she passed the line where we were and he neared it, agents flooded from the surrounding woods covering him on all sides. 

"Got ya." I said pointing my gun at him. 

"On your knees." I commanded and he immediately dropped to them putting his hands slowly behind his head. 

An agent walked up hand cuffing him and I gritted my teeth think about wanting to cause him to pain he did to everyone else. 

"Round 'em up boys." I said and maid a motion with my hand meaning to head out. 

I looked to claire. 

"It's not him." She replied and I looked at her confused. 

"What?" 

She shook her head again. 

"He's playing us and you just became his number one fool. I looked into the eyes of a man with blue eyes. That man has green. Trust me, he did try to kill me after all." She snapped walking away and I turned watching them escort him down the trail. 

She was right, I had became the fool and he was laughing behind the scenes. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

OH SNAP its getting serious

does anyone has suspicions on who the killer is? 

What do you think will happen next?

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

feel free to comment if I have errors I didn't proof read LOL