Saving Sya (2)

Ju Long, Yuki, Thorvald, and Tomastu quickly used their qi to fly.  However Ai and the Seven Shade Hunters no longer had any more qi inside of them.  They were as fragile as a normal human being.  The eight of them cried out in surprise, cursing themselves for not saving a little of strength to at least fly.  

Yuki, Thorvald and Tomastu quickly dived down to save at at least six of them.  They could carry two people on each arm, but two of them would fall to their deaths.  Their hearts sank at the idea that two of them would drop to their deaths.  

Yuki grabbed hold of Hong and Chengzi, while Thorvald grabbed Ki and Midori.  Tomastu grabbed Lan Se and Dianqing.  There was Zise and Ai left who kept on falling.  

“Let me go!”  Lan Se shouted.  “Save Aii!

Tomastu tightened his hold. Even if he wanted to save Ai and Zise, he wouldn’t be able to catch up with them and save them.  They were the first two who fell after Ju Long and they were too far away from them to save Ai and Zise.  

“Save Ai!”  Lan Se shouted again.  “Our Princess cannot live without Ai by her side!  SAVE AI!”  

Still, Tomastu held on to Lan Se, not letting him go.  How could Tomastu let Lan Se go, when he was already within Tomastu’s hold?  And both Zise and Ai were falling too fast for them to even try to save them.  How long until they reach the bottom was unknown.

Ai stared up and could see that most of her brothers were safe and Princess Sya was safe.  As long as they were safe.  She could give up her life, knowing that they would be okay.  She would not die with any regrets.  She would have never thought this would be the way she died.  She always thought it would be in a fight, next to Princess Sya and next to her brother in arms.  But it never occurred to her that she would die, falling to her death. Ai reached out and suddenly her hand and caught by Zise.  They held their hands as they continued to fall.  Their fate was to die that day.  They were brought into the world on the same day, they would die together on the same day.  At least their Princess and brother in arms would still be alive.  At least they would not die alone.  

Zise and Ai accepted their fate.  They all knew that one or more of them were going to lose their life trying to save Sya.  Ai and Zise happened to be the chosen ones.  

Ai smile bittersweetly at Zise as Zise smiled bitterly back.  The hell hole they were born into, would also be their resting place.  

Suddenly Ai and Zise’s body jerked up, as if an invisible rope wrapped around them and pulled them up.  Their bodies were being pulled up from slowly and all everyone could do was stare in disbelief.  They could not feel any other persons around them.  There were no presence of life around them.  It was just the ever changing landscape of the entity that was Blackmire Island.  

Who had given them a helping hand and why couldn’t any of them feel it’s powers?  Who was the hidden Martial Master who hid behind the scenes and gave them a helping hand?  

As everyone gathered around together in a large group to catch their breaths and thank their lucky stars, a deep scratchy voice was suddenly heard.  It was as if the voice was near and far at the same time.  It was as if the voice was high and low at the same time.  It was as if the voice was a man and woman at the same time.  It was as if the voice was a friend and foe at the same time.  It was neither said too fast, nor too slow.  It just said seven simple words.

“Who said you could die so easily?”

********

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait, I was feeling so uninspired for such a long time and didn't want to write something that was medicore and boring.  I had to wait for my creativity to inspire me to write again and it took longer than I thought it would.  To those who waited, thank you for your patience, your love and support. And sorry for making you wait so long.  -ptd