Temptation

The extent of working for billion dollar companies could not be matched with that working in a fast food restaurant. Just like politicians, every company had its moments of being humiliated or embarrassed by the general circumstances that make us all human. Temptation. Mr. Hale had been tempted to want sex, Mr. Hurst had been tempted to be respected, Mr. Codwell had been tempted to obtain power, and I was tempted by love. It would seem that temptation is a reason for most of us to keep striving for our personal goals.

You want to be a big shot in New York who's well respected, wealthy and handsome.
Temptation.
You want to be a famous actor, singer, or athlete that's well accepted, well known, well loved.
Temptation.
You want to be rich beyond compare that comes with having expensive cars, clothing, dining.
Temptation.

It all boiled down to how much you were willing to sacrifice in order to get the gratification of having the things you want.. at least that's what I've come to realize.

"I'm assuming you know then."

The gentleman standing before me had been the President or Owner of club Paragon. The very club that accepted Mr. Hale a young CEO of his company with open arms into the world of sex, money, and power. The club that sculpted him into a guarded, aloof, and frank man. Mr. Dalton had been a very fit, the same height as Mr. Hale with arctic blue eyes, and dark hair slicked back. I watch as he fidgets with his watch that's on his left wrist.

I know he had been in his early to mid thirties because he carried a stern demeanor on his shoulders. That even more intimidating than Mr. Hale. We stand in the foyer of Hale Inc. as he had been exiting the elevator.

"He told me everything. It's not like he would lie to me."

"If you know about Alexandria. I would have assumed he would tell you everything." He gestured me towards the entrance of the building in which I follow not wanting to start a commotion in the building. The audacity of this man. "It would seem that you have caused quite a commotion throughout the dealings of the club. Mr. Hurst has disappeared and Mr. Codwell, well let's just say you are in better hands than you would have been."

"Though we cannot excuse the fact that your involvement could potentially mess with the financial statuses of another. It's dangerous fooling with a man's financial stability."

"We? Who's we? I'm confused as to what you are trying to say."

"Mr. Hurst has not been seen in nearly 15 months and the only person he was last in business with was Mr. Hale. Do you really think he would just leave his company behind?"

My suspicions rise that Mr. Hale could be accounted for some criminal activity that could jeopardize his title. I'm wearing a puzzled look on my face trying to decipher what actually happened a year ago.

"I can assure you that Mr. Hale had been with me majority of the time. Even if he was subjected to that kind of behavior I know he wouldn't want to sabotage someone's career or life for that matter."

Mr. Dalton opens the glass door to the building. "Well then... it seems he hasn't told you everything then." He states blandly. "You have yourself a good day, Miss Donovan."

The way his eyes soften slightly gives me an uneasy feeling. I watch Mr. Dalton casually stroll to what looks to be a blackened out, Maserati. I understand what kind of association Mr. Hale had joined at that moment. Quickly shuffling my feet into the elevator I was determined to get everything explained.

It seemed that this club was more then Mr. Hale had been describing.

 Hale had been describing