Jensen Ackles | Comfort

*the reader is ftm in this one*

Spring was coming, one could hear the birds chirping happily. The snow long forgotten, small colourful flowers began to brighten the day of stressed people. Trees slowly came back to life, their tiny leaves barely reflecting the soft light of the sun. Kids pointed up at the sky, showing their parents the cotton like clouds. Through every open window came billowing, like the cherisher cat, the smell of the world after a timid rainfall. The smell of life.

Even though there was this general feeling of happiness, you couldn't help but stay inside and curl up into a big ball. Covered in blankets you let the emptiness flow through your body and mind. You were confused, or rather frustrated. Your name change still wasn't through and in addition to that your period started to kick in again, although you were on T for over nine months.
You felt the same depressing feeling when you were younger, back when there wasn't any hope. You thought you would never be loved by anyone, never get the right treatments, nor did you dare to dream of support.

Only back then you didn't have a man to look after you. The man who always has your back.

You glanced up from your phone, to look at Jensen who balanced two cups of tea, some cookies and nuts on a tray.
Giving you a soft smile he lifted the fluffy blankets and crawled on the couch behind you.

Before he snuggled against your back though, he put the platin collection of Frank Sinatra oj the record player, which he knew had always a calming effect on you.
Lost in thought you stared into the flames of the chimney across the room.

His warmth also worked wonders, like always. Gently he rubbed circles onto your stomach and kissed your neck now and then.

There was absolutely no need to speak, you could communicate without words. You knew he'd always have your back and he knew you'd always have his.

So you just listened to Frank Sinatra softly singing in the background, cuddling on the couch.