Chapter 27-"Clarity"

I turned sharply, and there I saw Anila standing at the edge of the clearing, and when I turned back around, Selene was nowhere in sight.

*James' pnt. Of view*

"What are you doing here? How did you find me? And how long have you been standing there? " I asked, getting to my feet and facing Anila, who approached me with her hands behind her back.
"What you got back there?" I added getting a little suspicious, though my heart kept accelerating, and I felt the effects of the mate bond tugging at every nerve in my being.
"Okay dude, one question at a time huh. I came to talk to you, I saw you run in the forest, and I followed you here, and I stood there long enough to hear you talking to yourself." Replied Anila, her voice ringing with a soft undertone, while she chuckled with her last response.
"Okay, what you got there?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow to her hidden hands.
"I came to apologize. What I did earlier, I didn't mean to, it was a reflex, tensions were running high between our packs, and I didn't want to make it worse. I'm sorry. I brought you flowers." She said with a cute smile, as she showed me the bouquet of flowers unmistakably plucked from the forest floor.

I couldn't help the chuckle that erupted from my chest.

She kept her hand up, and I realized she was waiting on me to take the flowers from her outstretched hand.

I grabbed the flowers, and unintentionally our fingers brushed, and she gasped at the tingles that erupted.

She quickly retracted her hand, a warm blush settling in her cheeks, and her eyes looked everywhere but mine.

She was cute.

The thought made flutters rise in my stomach.

"So, what else do you do besides run, sit around, and talk to yourself?" She asked, walking past me to sit down where I was sitting a few seconds earlier.

She criss crossed her legs, and turn to look up at me, while I stared at her dumbfounded.

My mind was screaming move you idiot! While my wolf was urging for me to do more than just move.

"Uh..." I replied, suddenly nervous.
She laughed and shook her head, "oh come on, don't tell me the big bad wolfie is afraid to talk to me now." She said, and pouted.

Her teasing caused a low growl to rise from my throat, and I could tell she was affected for her breathing changed for a second, and her eyes became slightly darker, I followed as her eyes took me in and she slowly licked her lips, causing me to lick my own.

Her eyes flickered to mine,  then she once again looked away, a small smirk playing on her lips.

I shook off the earlier effect, and walked over to her, and lowered myself to the ground. We stayed silent for a minute then she said "can we start over? Like do a whole new introduction and everything?" She asked softly, turning to look me in the eyes.
"Sure, I'd like that." I said after looking deep into her eyes, almost getting lost in them.

They were a rich brown color, with a tinge of green, they were unique, fascinating.

She breathed then perked up as She said "Hi, I'm Anila, Anila Bradford." Then she extended her hand.
"Hello, I'm James." I replied, shaking her hand.
She raised an eyebrow and said "What? No last name?"
"Bond. James bond." I replied in my best James bond voice.
She laughed out loud, and said "you're so corny." Then she laughed some more and it was a glorious sound.
But then she froze, her eyes glazed over, and I figured that she was getting mindlinked from someone in her pack.

Once her eyes cleared over her smile faded as she said " I have to go. I'll see you soon okay?" And before I could say anything she kissed my cheek, and then she took off.