Chapter 12: The Awkward Reunion

(Arulla's P.O.V.)

I crouched and a squeezed my way behind a great deal of dwarves, making sure that he couldn't see me. Even though being massivly hidden, I could still hear his booming voice echo throughout the hobbit's home. I stretch on my toes to catch a glimpse of him walking through the door.

"I thought you said this place would be easy to find? I lost my way twice." I hear him grumble. "Wouldn't have found it at all if it hadn't been for that mark on the door." Thorin turned around as he thrashed his cloak in front of him and gathered it in his arms. His eyes slowly finding Kíli's. He gave off a small smile and turned to stare at the quite disturbed hobbit.

"There is a mark I put it there myself." I hear Gandalf say As Gandalf clears his throat I see Thorin slowly turn his gaze, from Gandalf to the hobbit, and then to Kílí, and back to the hobbit.

"Bilbo Baggins, allow me to introduce the leader of our company, Thorin Oakenshield."

"Thorin." The hobbit began, "As in Prince Thorin of Erebor?"

"King." Kílí corrected.

Throin gruffed and replied, "So, this is the hobbit." and he starts to walk in a circle around Bilbo. "Tell me Mr. Baggins, have you done much fighting?"

"Pardon me?"

"Axe or sword. What is your weapon of choice?"

The hobbit looked quite confused at the point of all these questions, and what all they mean, but I knew exactly why. Thorin was testing the hobbit's worth.

"Well I do have some skill at conkers if you must know. But I fail to see why that's relevant."

Thorin smirked, "Thought as much. He looks more like a grocer than a burglar." He looked up at Gandalf, "Honestly Gandalf, this hobbit will never be a warrior, because no one here will teach him the ways-"

"I will teach him!' I shouted above the crowd. Everyone's eyes were on me now as I made my way to the front of the room. Thorin's eyes went wide when he saw my face, I was almost sure he would recognize me but,

"Gandalf who is this?" Thorin gruffed.

My mouth dropped agape do only a few moments before I regained my composure. I let out the quiet breath I was holding and looked towards Gandalf. He pursed his lips together and inclined a head to me, "This is Aranel Oiailmarë, Daughter of Imladrís. She has come to help."

Thorin groaned, "We don't need any help. Especially from an Elf maiden. She probably doesn't even know how to wield a dagger."

I groaned myself and was fed up with Thorin's disbeliefs. I quickly jerked my foot behind his and made him fall on his back. I drew my bow and arrow in one quick move and aimed it directly at Thorin's head. I smirked at my acomplishment,

"You seem to know very little of me Master Dwarf. Do not test me." I scowled. Gandalf smiled when I gave Thorin a hand to sit up. He took it and looked up at Gandalf for an explanation. Gandalf sighed and began to speak, "Although she has an Elf name, and seemingly Elven heritage, she is as much a dwarf as you are, but unlike you, she was raised by Elves when she was a dwarfling nearly 70 years ago."

Thorin turned his head, "No! I will not have a woman on this quest! I will not be responsible for her! She will not come!" He concluded, but I was far from finished. He turned to walk from the room, but I yelled at him with no sense of repect to him or anyone here.

"Too late!" I screamed. Thorin stopped walking and turned on his heels, slowly.

"What did you say to me?" He growled at me. I smiled rather cruely, "I said, 'Too late.' I have already signed your bloody contract, so forgive me for being disrespectful. But I'm coming on this quest."