Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Natalie's POV

Sighing quietly to myself, I leaned back in my chair and stared up at the ceiling as Stella ate her lunch in silence. It had been a week since we got back from Italy and I was still a little bit dazed from Aiden's recent confession. I even told Stella and Lucy the entire thing, hoping for some type of comment or advice but all I received was Lucy quickly hanging up on me after a quick, "I'll be there soon," and Stella's silence.

"What did you do after he confessed?" She inquired while staring at me as I quietly scratched my head. "You did say something to him, right? Something intelligent would have been good too." She added while watching me as I quietly laughed to myself.

"I kissed him and mentioned that the sun had went down. After that, I might have avoided him like he had the Black Plague." I stated as Stella quietly shook her head before my office door flew open.

"I came as quick as I could!" Lucy wheezed while quickly closing the door before making her way over to the sofas where Stella and I were seated. She quickly picked up a drink from the table while gulping it down. "Okay, I'm ready. What happened?" She asked while placing the half empty cup down before glancing between me and Stella.

"She admitted to avoiding Aiden after he confessed to her." Stella stated as Lucy looked at me for a second before nodding cautiously.

"Does this have anything to do with William?" Lucy inquired as I quietly nodded while sighing. "I promise you, Aiden's not like him. Trust me, Aiden wouldn't get far if he were like William. Our mom doesn't tolerate that shit." She added with a quiet laugh as I smiled at her.

"I know, but I need some type of closure to settle my fears. I'm scared that once I'm happy again, William will come back into my life and tear it apart and leave like he did once before." I stated with a sigh as Lucy gently rubbed my back while I closed my eyes before the words left my mouth. "I have to go see him." I added as Lucy's hand froze before she spoke.

"Please tell me that you're talking about Aiden." She pleaded as I shook my head before she sighed. "This was the day that I was fearing the most but I'm prepared. Have you told Aiden your decision?" She inquired as I shook my head again. "When do you want to go see him?"

"While I still have my courage and a few mental notes from my Nonna and Nonno, let's go right now." I stated while opening my eyes as Lucy carefully looked me over with cautious eyes before nodding.

"I'm tagging along." Lucy stated while standing up as we turned back towards Stella who was smiling our way.

"Please be careful ladies." She stated as we both nodded before hugging her. Quickly exiting my office, I left an excuse with my secretary just in case anybody tried to call me.

Today was the day that I was going to face my worst fears. I had to be strong.

[~~~]

The tension was thick in the air as those same light brown eyes stared from me to Lucy who was quietly sipping her tea while glaring back at him. We were currently seated in the living room of William's house. He sat across from us, leisurely staring us down, while we sat quietly staring back at him.

"When you called and said that you wanted to talk, I didn't think that you'd bring your dog." He remarked while glaring at Lucy as she quietly placed down her cup before dabbing at her mouth.

"This dog can tear your ass to shreds if you try to touch my friend. And did you forget that you were the one who barged into my house a few months back?" She questioned while staring at him as he narrowed his eyes at her before turning to me.

"William, I'm not stupid to come by myself. I know how manipulative and vicious you are. I just wasn't going to risk it." I explained as he quietly watched me for a second before raising an eyebrow. "I came here today to tell you to stop causing hell for me. I've been through enough with you already. You've violated the restraining order numerous times and you've even set my apartment on fire. Don't you think I've already had enough of your torture?" I asked while staring at him as he smiled at me.

"That's all that you came here for? Do you remember what I told you at the Gala? You are mine, you belong to me. My child belongs to me. After all, I am her father." He stated with a laugh as I quietly shook my head before his laughter quickly died down.

"No." I quietly stated as he stared at me in complete shock. "No." I said a little louder before standing up as Lucy quietly rose beside me. "The days of letting you rule my life are over. My daughter and I do not belong to you. We are not some objects that you can carelessly claim and than toss to the side when you're finished. I won't allow my daughter to go through the same thing that I went through with you." I stated while balling up my fists as he narrowed his eyes at me before quietly opening his mouth. "I'm not done. Stay away from us. I'm moving forward with my life now and I plan to keep moving forward without you. The next time you approach my daughter or me will be your last." I threatened while making my way to the door before turning and looking back at him. "I'm not afraid of you anymore."

///////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////

Hello darlings!

It's been awhile, I apologise for the slow updates but they will be coming back soon.

What did you think of Natalie's sudden courage?

Anywho, updates will be back on soon. It shouldn't take long.

Thank you all for your patience!

Andrea