Three.

For any future readers of this book and you say she is basic, although I think it's a lie, I would like to point out that, that is the reason I chose her as the main character.

I didn't want a perfect girl that many of you are used to seeing when reading wattpad stories. She doesn't have the perfect body, might not even be pretty to everyone. She looks like a regular girl. I wanted her like that. I wanted her to look like us. Just an FYI before you "go in". Plus the pictures I picked to use in the beginning weren't the best.

Her IG is @ lessance so you can see what she really looks like. Okay you can read now. I like Leslie so I had to defend.

Faith's POV

Waking up at 9:45 am on a sunny Thursday, I prepared to head to Flight Club before going to the office.

After showering and getting myself ready, I dressed in some high waisted jeans, a pink, laced top, with my pink Fenty slides.

Letting my weave do what it do, I grabbed an apple and water heading out the door.

When I got in my car I hooked my phone up using Bluetooth and shuffled my Sunny Drive playlist. The first song was "Keisha" by Dave East. That is a great cruising song. Speaking of, that is a handsome man right there. 7 year age difference, but if he gave me the chance....let me stop. That will never happen. My young self.

As I cruised through these L.A. streets with the windows down I got a text from my best friend, Nyasia. We've been best friends since our sophomore year of high school. She's seen me through some of my worst as I have done the same with her.

Nyasia 🧡

Where are you?

Just got to Flight. Why? What's up?

Oh nothing. Just wanted to let you know that I have arrived.☺️

Arrived where?

I'm very confused at the moment so I keep our thread open as I get out my car and walk towards my job. As I'm walking I hear commotion and I look up seeing a huge group of people. The people being a group of men.

There goes my anxiety. Head down. Look at your phone and just walk by. Continuing my walk, the voices get louder and of course I bump into something or someone I should say.

I bumped into this person and as if things couldn't get worse I'm on my way to the ground. I begin to accept the embarrassment I'm about to face.

Before I can reach the ground, arms are wrapped around my torso and I clutch this persons arms holding me up. Wait. Pause. Lord? When I said I would give a guy that you sent, a chance if I bumped into them and fell into their arms, I didn't think you'd take me literal and send him the next day.

The man lifts me to my feet and I begin an immediate apology and thank you.

"My bad. I should have been looking where I was going. Thanks for catching my fall." I said as I panicked inside of my brain.

As I'm apologizing I've yet to look up and see the person that saved me from embarrassment. When I finally look up. I. Am. SHOOKETH.

Dave's POV

Me and the homies decided to go out and chill today

Me and the homies decided to go out and chill today. Do a little shopping and walk around.

"Aye let's go in here," Bully said pointing in Flight Club.

"I could use a few pairs of shoes," I said walking towards the entrance.

"Nigga you got more shoes then they do. The fuck you need more shoes for?" Everyone laughed because it's true. I don't like to brag though.

"Man whatever let's just go inside and see what they got."

As we're walking in, a girl, no excuse me, a woman is walking so fast that before I could react, she bumps into me. I wrap my arms around her before she can hit the ground and man....she's beautiful.

"Shit. You aight?" I ask, concerned.

She's too busy apologizing and looking down to hear me checking up on her.

"My bad. I should have been looking where I was going. Thanks for catching my fall," the beautiful woman spoke. Her demeanor and voice seemed very chill. I like that.

When she finally looks up she seems stuck. Starstructed? Either way she wasn't moving or blinking.

"You alright?" I ask again to make sure she's okay.

She snaps back into reality and seems calm and replies "Uh yeah. I'm okay. Thanks." With a warm smile.

That smile.

"Good. Uh well have a nice day," I say as I give her one last look, definitely my type, and turn to walk in the store.

She says goodbye and we reach for the same door. She looks down and backs away and I pause and look at her.

"You going in here?" I ask ready to hold the door open for her. Chivalry ain't dead.

"Uh yeah, but you can go ahead," she chuckles.

"Come on. Ladies first."

"No. You're the customer. You and your friends go ahead," she tried to convince me. Oh? She works here. Hm. I think I need to add some more shoes to my little collection.

"Come on girl. These niggas ain't no one important. My momma would tear me up if she knew I had a woman behind me and I didn't hold the door. You trying to get me killed," I joked.

"We wouldn't want that," she chuckled as I opened and held the door for her to enter. "Thank you," she replied stepping in with me and everyone else following. I couldn't help where my eyes wondered. Yeah she definitely my type.

"Faith!" someone shouted as we stepped through the door.

"Nyasia?!" shouted the beautiful woman I saved, finding out her name is Faith.

They hugged and began to chat as the homies and I looked around. From time to time I'd look her way and see her smiling and laughing with her friend.

That smile.

Ten minutes later she was walking out.

"Alright Rod, I'll see you tomorrow," she said leaving with a bag and her friend.

"Aight Faith. Imma holla," said her coworker.

"You alright East?" Mook asked when I came out of my daze.

"Yeah nigga. I'm straight. Why you ask?" I brushed his question off and began looking at shoes that I may or may not already have.

"You looking like your girl just left you. Nigga didn't even get shawty name and he already trippin," he walked away laughing.

"Man whatever," I chuckled. I did get her name. It's Faith. See there......I'm coming back tomorrow.