155

Amelia Adams

His grip was so tight around my hand, holding it against his chest as he stood dumbfounded at the ultrasound. I could feel his heart beating rapidly against the back of my hand.

I didn't care if he was happy or not, I will not abort this baby. It's a girl, and she's my girl, our girl. I love Harry so much, but I'm not giving up my baby after hearing her heartbeat and seeing how beautiful she was.

Finding out it now has a gender makes it so much more real, and I hope he sees that. I would've felt just the same if I found out it was a boy.

"So-" the doctor begins with a smile. "I will give you both a moment to talk things over before we talk next steps." She smiles to us, leaning down to seemingly grab something. When she sits back up straight their was a small rectangular card in her hand, she handed it to me to see that it was a photo of the ultrasound. I smiled and looked down at the baby inside my stomach, feeling like for the first time in forever I was going to cry in joy.

"Thank you." I smile to the doctor before she walks out and leaves us Harry and and I to be alone.

I was nervous what he was going to say. I didn't expect him to have a change of heart, but his facials seemed different from our last appointment. At least he was actually looking at the screen this time.

"I'm not aborting this baby. I know I said I would, but I can't Harry. I'm sorry." I break the silence, keeping my eyes on the ultrasound picture in my hand. I don't care what he wants anymore, this is my baby too and if I decide to keep it then I'll face whatever has to come. It will kill me to know that Harry would not love me anymore because of this...

But as I knew I was falling in love with a cold blooded killer...

He knew he was falling in love with the opposite.

"Can I see the photo for a moment?" He whispers while still standing tall next to me.

I nod and hand him the black and white photo, watching it get carefully grasped between his fingers and brought up close to his face where he analyzed the photo with his eyes. It felt like hours I was watching him stare at it, but maybe that was because I was dying to hear what he was going to say.

His facial expression was dull, monotone like I expected. His green eyes were glued to the paper as he held the corner between his thumb and forefinger. It worried me to not know he was thinking at a time like this.

But when his face turned to hold a ecstatic grin that lit up his eyes and carved two dimples in his skin, I felt a spark of hope shoot up my veins. His eyes flickered to mine for a moment with a smile, his cheeks going red and his lip ring being taken between his teeth.

He looked happy.

"We made this." He says in almost a lighthearted giggle, his eyes electric with amusement.

I nod and feel my eyes start to water again, "We did." I laugh a bit as a tear stumbles down my cheek.

He lets out a flustered exhale, placing his arm over his eyes while the smile stays spread on his face. I started to tear up more just seeing how he couldn't get rid of the grin on his face, looking like a little boy on Christmas morning.

It was like I blinked and a pair of lips smashed against mine. I smiled into the kiss and pinched my eyes shut, feeling so overwhelmingly happy. He held my cheeks while pecking my lips over and over again, his soft lips feeling so incredible against mine as he pecked them repeatedly. He wrapped his arms around me and buried his head in my neck, causing me to sling my arms around him as I cried in happiness into the fabric of his shirt.

"I love you so much." He laughs in amusement, sounding actually joyful.

"I love you too." I hold him tighter in affection.

He pulls back and presses his lips to mine again, a burning smile on his face.

"Why the change of heart?" I ask in curiosity, lacing my fingers in the hair on the back of his head.

"I-I don't know. The heartbeat and finding out the gender and seeing the baby on the screen is just so overwhelming- but in an incredible way. I don't know, I can't explain it- but it doesn't feel like a stranger to me anymore. And although it scares me to know I already feel a devotion to this thing in you, I don't care." He speaks the most comforting things I've heard leave his mouth in the past week.

"So were doing this? We are having a baby?" I ask while biting my lip to hold in my glowing expression.

"I mean, I can't imagine her being anywhere else." He smiles back, making me feel an overwhelming sense of relief and excitement.

I squeal in happiness while hugging him again, tears still soaking my cheeks as I finally see him want this baby as much as I have. Through all the negativity that's been hovering around us like a dark cloud in this past week, I finally felt sunshine.

He becomes silly and crawls onto the bed, kissing me against while hovering on all fours above me. I laugh into the kiss as he stays on top of me in the small bed.

"Harry!" I giggle uncontrollably as he sloppily kisses my lips.

"I love you." He murmurs back into my lips while still kissing me.

"We are in a hospital bed stop!" I laugh and push against his straight arms, is palms digging into the mattress.

He smirks childishly and kisses my jaw in a more playful manner rather then a seductive way. I keep laughing as he stays in the push up position above me on the bed.

"Would you like me to come back?" I hear the doctor say from the door.

Harry turns his head back so we can both so the smaller doctor standing their was a chuckling laugh on her face. Harry falls on his side next to me, deciding to share the small single bed now.

"No sorry we were just goofing around." Harry laughs a bit, still having a electric expression that I rarely see. I stayed laying on my back while he laid on his side to face me, his arm wrapped around my waist to hold my hip.

"Well have we come to a decision then?" The doctor walks in with a smile.

I nod while wiping my eyes a bit.

"We are keeping the baby."

The words felt like heaven leaving my lips. The doctor smiled in return, looking just as happy.

"I had a feeling." She snickers while looking at her chart. "The minute I saw your face when you looked at that screen, I knew you were keeping it so I grabbed the paperwork." She refers to Harry, holding out brochures and documents.

//

AWE gawd my heart

Shorter chapter!! I'm sorry.