60- Valentine's Day

For some reason Venus was very nervous on the 14th. She drank three cups of coffee from the muggle coffee maker that Mali had bought her (which had been magically modified to work without electricity with the help of Sirius), before she headed down to the common room where she was meeting Neville.

He seemed equally nervous as they made their way through the castle in near silence, making pointless small talk about the weather.

"This is stupid!" Venus exclaimed after they had made it more than half way to Hogsmead. "Why aren't we talking."

"You normally fill in the gaps." Neville defended himself.

Venus scratched her head, "I guess that's true."

"You think!" Neville laughed, "you could talk for England."

"Would I win competitions?" Venus asked interestedly.

"You would win all the competitions," Neville assured her, "you'd be defending champion at every event and you'd have more gold medals than Gringotts has Galleons."

"See, now who's the one who's talking my ear off." Venus teased.

Neville laughed.

They walked into the village, unsure of exactly what they were going to do, but somehow they ended up at the viewing point outside the Shrieking Shack.

Despite the cold they sat down on the ground and looked back at Hogwarts Castle.

"This place has always creeped me out." Neville shuddered, glancing back at the Shrieking Shack behind them, "you know the villagers think that the restless spirits have been riled up by something, they've been way louder recently."

Venus burst out laughing, "really?"

"Why are you laughing?" Neville looked taken a back.

"Because the reason it's been loud recently, is because I've been around." She explained. "The Shrieking Shack is where I transform each month."

"Really?" Asked Neville, "how do you get in?"

Venus described the passage that the Whomping Willow guarded.

"It must be quite lonely on the full moons," Neville frowned. "Is it?"

"Sometimes," Venus shrugged, "but my dad has been with me sometimes."

"Your dad?"

Too late Venus realised that she had said something that she shouldn't again.

"Promise not to tell?" She asked.

"Promise." Neville nodded.

"Pinky Promise?" Venus offered him her pinky finger, her crossed his own finger with hers.

"Pinky promise " he repeated.

"My dad- Sirius Black I mean- is an Animagus." She told him, "when he's in his animal form he can be around werewolves without worrying about them attacking him."

"Really?" Neville sounded interested by the prospect. "I didn't know that Animagi could do that."

Venus shrugged, "my dad and his friends worked it out when they were in school so that they could keep Lupin company."

They fell back into a comfortable silence once again, until Venus jumped to her feet. She held her hand out for Neville to take so that she could pull him to his feet, "I'm bloody freezing." She said, "let's go and get some Butterbeers."

The two of them headed back towards Hogsmead. Neville still hadn't let go of Venus's hand, but she didn't mind. Because it felt natural. It felt right.

Little bit of fluff for you all!
So what do you think Neville and Venus' ship name should be!
Nevus
Venille
Any other suggestions?
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx