》odds aren't

I run my hand over my mountain of a tummy. 6 months down, 3 to go; it's taking forever. I've been... depressed lately, more than I ever have. I need his touch, his kisses, his warmth with me but I can't have it - and I'm sulking like a child, yes, but I'm so fed up!

The odds aren't in our favour. The more time Seth spends phased the less chance there is of him staying that way... forever. We were supposed to have forever together but it seems further and further away each day.

I sigh and roll onto my side facing the blank, white door; Seth's out on a run, it keeps him occupied. He sleeps outside most of the time now and I can tell it's all getting to him too. I don't know what to do with myself anymore - He's my partner, my other half... but this isn't how it should be. It isn't how things are meant to be!

There's a gentle tap at my door and I blink out of my daydream. "Come in?"

Jasper leans in. "Everything okay?"

I smile small. "Just tired." I sit up and push my hair back.

He rolls his eyes and closes the door, sitting beside me. "You know you can't lie to me about how you feel..."

I sigh and look down for a moment. He pulls me into a hug and we lay on my bed in silence as I think. "Fine... I'm just - I'm worried. Am I going to have to raise this baby alone? What if he never.." I shake my head not allowing myself to say it. "I can't do it alone. He or she needs a dad and I need him!"

He frowns and wraps both of his arms around me. "Hey shh now. You are in no way alone - We are all here for you and the baby." He starts. He places a gentle kiss on my forehead. "He will phase back, he will. You need to stop stressing so much, for yourself and for the baby. I promised I wouldn't interfere but... if you can't calm down I might have to."

I sigh - he did promise that. I set proper boundaries with my family and I think they're all trying to respect them.

Carlisle is my father and my father alone. I will go to him if I want his help with health or other things.

Jasper will not influence my emotions in any way; he will not make me calm down or relax and he will not poke his nose in like Edward does.

Edward has agreed to stay out of my thoughts unless he deems it is necessary to do so - he will ask me questions directly and will not answer them for himself.

And Emmett. Oh Emmett. He has promised to not interupt me anymore, to bite his tongue a little more and only get angry if others do - which won't really happen. I told him I love how he gets overprotective but somethings it's sort of suffocating because I'm not used to any of this.

And they've all agreed that this is my baby, I will raise them. Of course they can help out, I'm not a superwoman. But I don't want extravagant gifts or special treatment because I want a normal life. As soon as I can I'll work - until then I've agreed to let them help us out financially.

"I'm trying, Jas. I'm just... exhausted. Fed up. Fat. Bloated. Hormonal..."

He rolls his eyes. "Ady, you're glowing, stop. And I know you're tired sweetie," he tucks my hair back, "but you just gotta have faith that this will all be okay. You're always so optimistic - try that again. I miss your optimism." He smiles.

I giggle small and sigh. "Thank you Jasper. Was there anything else I can help you with?"

"Well the others have a surprise for you soon but I was sent up here to keep you distracted... I can sort of tell you aren't really in the mood for surprises." He sighs.

I groan a little. "A surprise? What is it?"

"What didn't you understand about the word 'surprise'?" He smirks and raises an eyebrow.