chapter four

Sean

"Dan! Hey, mate! What's up?" I answered his phone happily. I had just finished the second Star Wars episode and was in a happy place.

"Aye! Not much, I was wondering if you wanted to go to a party tonight? There's a guy I know who's throwing one at his house to celebrate the last week of our break. I asked Grace and Maggie, too, but only Maggie's going." Dan asked.

"Why isn't Grace going?" I liked to talk to Grace, she had a really good sense of humor and made dorky jokes.

"Something about begging her RA to change her dorm room or something. I don't know, all I know is I wanna party and you do, too." Dan replied, trying to convince me.

"Alright, alright. I'll go. I'll be at your place later. Bye!" I hung up, making short of the conversation. I didn't expect Dan to be so up to partying after Violet's injuries. Maybe he's trying to forget them by drinking and partying. I let it go and went back to my laptop, watching the next Star Wars, a smile creeping onto my face as it began to play.
_________
----------------
Liam

I was trying really hard to remember what Chinese food Violet liked. I decided to just get her vegetable mei fun and to stop worrying. She most likely can't even eat it with her condition anyway. I put the takeout menu away and went back to the couch where my phone was lying, rehearsing my order one last time in my head.

Sophia hadn't been back in about two days, but I knew she'd return eventually. She would need money or clothes or maybe even beg for my forgiveness. I still hadn't decided whether or not to take her back if she did decide to beg for me. I was sick of how she basically used me for my money, a quality I hated more than anything.

I brushed off the thought of Sophia and dialed up the Chinese place. I called in the order and hung up before getting off the sofa and went to sit next to Violet at the island. She was facing towards the kitchen with her hands placed on the countertop. She was practically still, aside from the fact that she would blink every few seconds.

I was curious as to how this shock thing worked and how someone could be so unresponsive for so long. I knew that it'd take a lot of studying of the human brain and psychology for me to even begin to understand so I decided to just let it slide.

"Hey, V, I-" I realized I had called her V–the nickname I gave her back when we dated–and stumbled, "I-I mean Violet. Sorry. Okay, so, I know this is beyond pointless because there's a slight chance you'll even respond but I'm lonely and I'm sure your lonely and maybe feel trapped. I just, I wanted you to know how much I missed you. Now I know it may seem like bullshít, but I truly did. It took me over a year to even stop getting the feeling of needing to talk to you or text you constantly. I haven't even completely gotten over you, and I don't know if I will. I missed you, Violet. I still do actually and I can not wait to hear your beautiful voice again." I shared, tears welling in my eyes. I felt like such a shít person for leaving her like a I did and now here she is, a practical orphan that can't even cry or speak. I never hated myself more than I did when I left her three years ago.

I got up, not wanting to dwell anymore on the upsetting parts of our strained relationship. I decided to go take a quick shower before the Chinese came, leaving Violet to herself in her trapped world.
_________
----------------
Violet

I felt like I was between life and death for the past week, and I wanted to talk more than anything. When Liam gave me his spiel over how he missed me, I wanted to tell him off and hit him right then and there. He didn't understand or go through a quarter of the hell I went through trying to forget him. But, of course, I didn't hit Liam or tell him off. I sat in the damn chair and kept silent and still, like a mannequin.

I couldn't tell where I was in my mind or what I had to do to get out of where I was. It was like I had been walking in a certain direction forever and all I saw was white. I felt utterly helpless and all I wanted to do right then was cry about everything and yell and scream and cry some more.

I couldn't though. It was almost like I forgot how to do everything and all I could concentrate on was finding the difference between reality and my mind.

I was lost and sad, but I was also strong and tough. Or at least, I thought I was.
_________
----------------

Liam heard a knock on the door, "Chinese is here, Violet!" he had screamed, but there was no reply, just as he expected. He grabbed the takeout from the delivery man and paid the bill before shutting the door and heading for the kitchen. He prepared his and Violet's food before taking Violet to the couch. They say in silence the whole night, watching movies about superheroes while Violet's friends were at the rager of the year, getting themselves píssed beyond belief and not giving a damn.

Violet missed the normal life, at least to the standards of an early graduate like herself. She was ready to go back to college and to be legal and to have active friends in her life again. Violet knew she was ready to leave this monotonous state of nothing, but she didn't know how she would execute it.

--

The party was a blur to Maggie and Dan, both getting more drunk than any other. But for two completely different reasons, as well. Dan was upset and depressed and needed a replacement, and what's a better replacement then partying? Maggie, on the other hand, just purely wanted to know how many drinks she could handle before she passed out.

Either way, Sean and Grace had a total mess to clean up tomorrow.
_________
----------------
Liam

I was turning off the television and cleaning up the living room area of our takeout. I then turned out all the lights and took Violet to bed. I helped her lay down and cover up before turning out the guest bedroom lights.

I walked towards the door and looked back at the very dark shadow that resembled Violet's body. That's when I noticed something odd.

There was an object that was above the covers that I could depict from the darkness of the room. Incovered her up to the top of her chest, and to me, it looked as if she had moved her arm. I slowly made my way back to Violet and saw her eyes still open. I figured I was just being too hopeful and walked back towards the door.

Before I left the room for the night, I said, "Goodnight, Violet," and began to shut the door when I heard a small voice emit from the room.

"Goodnight, Liam."

--

OK IDC ID THIS IS SHORT UTS AN UPDATE AND IM PROUD

I FINISHED THE PLANNING FOR THIS STORY SO WOOT WOOT I AFTUALLY KNOENWHAT IM GONNA DO!!

BTW THANK U ALL SO SOS OSSISOSOSSI MUCH FOR OVER 1K READS IT MEANS THE WORLD AND IM SO HAPPY YOURE ENJOYING THIS sTORY.
SORRY MY GRAMMAR SUCKS ITS 1 AM IM TIRED AND HAVE SCHOOL TOMEOROW AND YA SO GOODNIGHT ILY AND THANKS AGAIN

p

EDITED