16

[Chapter sixteen]

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

What the fu--

I swear under my breath, switching on my bedside lamp as I slip out of bed and go to my balcony, pushing the curtains open.

I dive to the side as soon as I see Noah standing on the other side of my sliding door.

Thank god he was looking the other way and didn't see my face.

I grab my a random hoodie from the ground, putting it on, making sure the hood covers my face before standing up and opening the door.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I growl silently as he slips into my room.

"Well aren't you just little miss sunshine?" He rolls his eyes. "Get dressed. We're going somewhere."

"It's two in the damn morning and we have school tomorrow, you fuckwit." I curse at him.

"Does it look like I care?"

"No, not really."

"Hurry up and get dressed."

*~*

"Where the hell are we going?" I groan as I trudge behind Noah while we walk down the street.

"Somewhere." Is all he says.

"Would you at least tell me what we're doing on the other daMN SIDE OF TOWN?!" I shout, making him cover my mouth with his hand.

"Shut up, yeah?" He hisses. "And it's not the other side of town."

I slap his hand away from my mouth. "Really? Goo-"

"It's the next town over."

"What?!"

"Shut up!"

"You brought me to the next town over?!" I grit my teeth in exasperation.

"Obviously." He rolls his eyes.

"And I still can't believe you took Max's jeep!"

"I know you can't." He states. "You've only said it five thousand times since I picked you up."

"Picked me up?" I repeat. "More like kidnapped me."

"I didn't kidnap you." He rolls his eyes.

"When I refused to get dressed, you grabbed a random pair of sweatpants, forced them on me, then literally dragged me out of my room and threw me off the balcony!"

"Hey, okay, I did not throw you off the balcony." He defends himself. "I prefer the term 'gently tossed'."

"Yeah, well, thanks to your "gentle toss"," I use my fingers as quotation marks. "I landed on my face and got a mouthful of grass."

"You didn't break in half." He rolls his eyes for the hundredth time this morning. "You're fine."

"I--"

He cuts me off. "We're here!"

He walks in through the doors of a gas station and I follow him.