Five.

Faith's POV

"Wait. You met Dave East? Again?"

"Yes! Nyasia like- I- I really met this man and his daughter. She was so cute." Right now I'm telling Nyasia about my day at work and me seeing Dave again. I still can't believe that I was able to meet him twice. In a row.

"How did the conversation go. Does your hoe phase start here?" She asked with great anticipation.

"No Nyasia it doesn't. I don't understand why you want me to indulge in such acts so much." I said as I got up to head to the kitchen. I am so hungry.

"It's not that I want you to, but I do want you to get out of your shell." She said following me.

Here's the thing with Nyasia. She gets concerned about me. She believes I need to get out more. Talk to more people. Make friends. All of that. Which is cool, but I've never been the type to just make friends quickly. I don't like having just anybody around me.

"I hear you sister. I do, but you know how I get down. Plus I'm fine. I'm cool by myself out here. I'll be back in New York in 3 months. I'm good. Now stop worrying your little mind and tell me what's been going on with you." I smiled. I missed my sis.

"Well I'm doing good sister. Being back in school for this masters while working at the animal clinic is stressful, but this is what I love." She said smiling and hopping on my counter.

"That's good. I'm really proud of you Nyasia. This is what you've been wanting to do for years. You're even doing your acting on the side. I only see good things happening in the future for you. Plus once you open your own animal clinic, my future dogs will get free service." I shrugged and walked to the fridge to take something out to start cooking.

"Ummmm. I don't remember saying that," Nyasia looked at me with a playful questionable look as we laughed. "But thank you Faith. I'm proud of you too sister. I'm glad you're finally doing what you want with the music and with business. I'll be at the VMA's and the Grammy's with you. Can't wait!"

"You know it!" I laughed, "but I don't know. Maybe I want to be in the background. You know, since I have stage fright." I said looking down a little.

Growing up, I've always loved singing. It's my passion. It runs in my family, but I have terrible stage fright. I freeze, my palms get sweaty, and it's just not a good look or time. I don't sing when people ask me to. Not even for my family. I just can't bring myself to do it. I sing all the time by myself. The only time I do sing in front of people is when my class requires us to. Which is quite often......and I'm still nervous. I pray I get better with that. I mean how can I want to be in the business, but can't sing in front of anyone?

"Faith!" Nyasia yelled pulling me out of my thoughts. She looked at me, knowing what I was doing. "You know what, let's go out. Dinner on me. Then we'll hit a club afterwards." She said hopping off of the counter.

"Dinner? Yes. Club? Negative, my melanin goddess." I laughed walking back into the living room.

"Oh you're going. I'm just getting here. Let's go have some fun. We deserve it. Plus weed is legal here. Let's go roll up. Throw some ass and drink. Maybe even find you someone" she said walking towards my bedroom where she'd be staying alongside me.

"There's no point in arguing this is there?"

"Nope! Let's go!" She is too hype.

I groaned and pulled myself off the couch heading to find something to wear. I'd rather binge watch 'The Office', but we can't all get what we want, right? Sense the sarcasm?

 I'd rather binge watch 'The Office', but we can't all get what we want, right? Sense the sarcasm?