XXIX ❥❥❥ Ep2- The New Queen

A D R I E N

When Adrien woke up, everyone in their shared room was gone. They were probably in school, and the Royals Selection must be starting, or must've ended already. If the telltale screams of students were anything to go by, not to mention his digital clock glaring 4:00 PM, Adrien would bet that the most awaited selection must be over. He wonders why the others did not wake him up.

Oh wait, they did.

At least, they tried to.

"Shouldn't we wake him up?" It was probably Skotadi who murmured this. Adrien only lifted his blanket higher so it covers half of his face.

"I brought my drums. Do you think that would wake him up?" Amadeus whispered back, and there were sounds of clattering. The second prince probably tried to get the drums out from his baggage, only to be halted by Andrew.

"I think I could throw him a bucket of cold water. " He said as if it's a perfectly sane idea to just wake someone up by throwing water at their face. Then again, he is the brother of Clara Skotadi and craziness runs in the blood of the Sapphire House. Adrien cringed, while lifting his blanket higher so it covers his entire head.

"Don't even try any of that," Bless the voice of reason that came in the form of Avarys Diatiro. He could imagine his cousin frowning, while narrowing his eyes at Amadeus and Andrew who would both be sweat dropping by now. "Let's just leave him be. He'll wake up when he wants to."

They were the last footsteps to leave the room. When the door clicked shut, Adrien sighed in relief, before slumbering once again.

So he missed breakfast and dinner, Adrien thought as he dried his hair with a small towel. He wore the required Gardenia Academy uniform, opting out the necktie since it was surprisingly gone.

Adrien wasn't really interested in being King, or any of the Royals for that matter. It's more of Avarys' thing. That, and he conveniently ignored his father's order — Adrien, you absolutely have to be a royal. Or better yet, join the King Tournament. I have no son that's a a disgrace. Adrien conveniently burned that stupid letter down with a flick of his wrist.

As he walked up to the main building, he immediately noticed the posters indicating "Royals Tournament". For all the stupid things in this world it seems as if rankings are so important. Adrien couldn't care less, with his heritage, he'd end up as an Elite at least and a Royal at most. The Royals Tournament is by the Megaira Ampiteather, also known as the Colosseum. Gardenia Academy has a Colosseum among all things. It's also where magic training and sparring matches are held. The magestic structure was entirely made up of concrete and a touch of marble. He swiped his student card, and was allowed entrance. As he walked by the seats, it was he oddly stepped on diamond shards. Adrien cringed, because diamonds means Avarys and he fears for the poor soul that got to fight that monster. Perhaps the King Tournament was finished and his cousin probably pulverized them all.

He sat by the far ends of the bleachers as his so called friends are on the other side of the room. Based from the hologram that appeared and from the swirly writing, it is the Queen Selection. There was was a chart displayed, then the faces and names of the girls who joined and who would fight each other. He wasn't surprised when he saw Elena Margavine's beautiful face displayed on the hologram, she had always been one to seek power. What caught his attention was that there was no Clara Skotadi in the matchlist. The bluenette was sitting on the other side of the ampiteather with Angel Chapelle and the annoying bug Sofia Glowpeak.