You've moved on~Cole

"Did you want to go to that shop there?" Your boyfriend asked, pointing a finger at a book store. You smiled at him, of course he knew you so well. You eagerly nodded and he breathed a chuckle, wrapping an arm around your waist, pulling you to the book store.

The break up with Cole was something you wouldn't had expected, especially since things were going so well. So, naturally, on the first day you were devastated but as the week came to an end you had managed to convince yourself that you couldn't change anything now, so instead you had just looked to the future.

A week and 3 days after the break up, you had realized that Cole was right. You had begun tutoring your classmate once again, being able to focus without feelings of guilt. Upon learning that you were no longer taken, like Cole suspected, he had asked you out.

Initially, you felt a stab of guilt in the pits of your stomach, as he had the right intuition of him, but you had agreed, out of spite.

He was truly great, he had a great sense of humor and he was one of the sweetest people you had ever met, and the longer you spent with him, the more you realized that he could possibly be the perfect guy for you.

You looked up at him, "Do you mind if I get lost?" He grinned at you, "Nah, I'll be waiting here when you're done."

You nodded, "Do you want me to pick up anything for you?" "No, you know I'm not much of the book type."

You walked away from him and into the labyrinth of books, your feet softly padding on the carpet.

You had begun searching for a suitable book and pulled one out by its spine to read the summary. You were more than surprised when you saw a familiar set of eyes standing on the other side of the bookshelf. Of course. Bloody fate.

You gave him an awkward smile before placing the book back and leaving. He was quick to follow you, which was making you anxious because it didn't look like he was planning to say anything.

You quickly reached your boyfriend, he was fiddling around with his phone and when you cleared your throat, he looked up surprised, "Back already? I thought that I'd at least spend my 50th birthday here."

He laughed but then noticed your slightly awkward face, "Are you okay?" You felt a small smile growing on your face, "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's just go."

He grinned and wrapped an arm around your waist as you walked away. You didn't turn to see Cole's face. You didn't need to. You felt content, just where you were and you hadn't needed to look at someone else, for your emotions.

You had really moved on, it gave a slight jolt to your heart. You felt relieved but at the same time, conflicted.