Part 5: Cinderella (J-Hope)

"Have faith in your dreams and someday . . ."

    Hours passed by without notice for the three friends as they shopped for all of Jeanne's needs. When they had gotten everything they sat under a tree off the side of the road, the boys on either side of Jeanne. They talked about everything, catching up, joking with one another and watched as the horses and carriages passed by.

    "So have either of you been able to get a job?", Jeanne asked, he hands running over the hard pumpkin in between her legs.

    "Yeah! We did actually!", Jungkook exclaimed, clapping his hands in excitement like a child would.

     "The old man that runs the bar down the road offered us a job", Jimin continued for the younger, "He wants us to sing, to entertain his customers."

    Jeanne smiled at the two men, she was happy for them, "I'm glad you guys got a job. If you stick with it, who knows? You guys might finally gets house like you guys want!"

    The two boys smiled widely, nodding their head in agreement while they fantasize about the life could have. They could have a home of their own, fresh water and food, they could have a real bed again.

    The trio sat in silence for awhile, just enjoying the sun and noises of the bustling crowds. That is until the clock chimes, it was already two in the afternoon. This caused the boys to jump to their feet, pulling Jeanne up with them.

    Jimin was the one to explain their behavior, "We have to get to the bar, we said we'd help set everything up for tonight."

    The two men pulled Jeanne into a tight hug, saying their goodbyes and apologizing for not escorting her home. To which Jeanne insisted she was fine, that she could make it home by herself. After they released the woman they turned and quickly made their way down the street. Jeanne waving them goodbye as they disappeared from her sight.

    Sighing, Jeanne sling her bag over her shoulder, which carried all her things plus the cloth Jin asked her to get. She leaned over, picked up the large pumpkin and began her way back through town, back towards her hellhole of a home. The pumpkin was heavy and this caused her to lean back slightly as she walked, her arms straight out holding the pumpkin at her waist.

    Soon Jeanne found herself in the center plaza once more. Though unlike before there was no one in or around the plaza. It was strange and deadly quite. There wasn't even a stray dog running across the street or a mouse scurrying across the red bricks on the ground.

    'That's strange, it's only a little past noon. The plaza should be crowded with people', the blond woman frowned as she quickened her pace.

    She was almost past the fountain in the center of the opening, when there was suddenly a loud crash of from behind her. This caused Jeanne to flatter in her steps, tripping over a crack in the brick, making her fall forward. Jeanne squeezed her eyes shut as she prepared herself for the impact with the ground, but it never came. Instead a pair of warm arms wrapped around her, and a small grunt from above her was followed by a honey smooth voice asked in concern, "Are you alright?"

—————————————————————
Sorry for not having posted again, I've super busy!
So I have another short part for you guys to hold you off till I get a full length part written.
Thank you all for the support and I hope you guys are enjoying this mini series so far!

-GrandmaChip