Chapter Two

"I am so proud! My baby is growing up so fast." My best friend, Aaisha, said wiping away a fake tear from her eye. My other roommate let out a small laugh.

"Yeah, I can't believe you stood up to your dad. I never thought you would do something like that. You're usually too much of a pushover," said Luca, my other roommate. He spread out on the couch.

I rolled my eyes, but I knew I was a pushover almost all of the time. Thankfully, my roommates were not pushovers and stuck up for me whenever they thought I needed it. They were the reason why my dad never visited me and I had to visit him. They would tell him off whenever he said something disrespectful, which is one of the reasons why he refused to drop me off this morning at our apartment.

I had Aaisha pick me up since she had a car and she instantly knew something was up. When we got back to our home she made Luca come to the living room so I can tell them what happened this weekend.

"I wasn't talking about that. I'm talking about how much werewolf d*ck she gonna be gettin!" Aaisha responded as she raised her eyebrow at me and did a small dance.

My face turned red. "Look at her she knows she gonna be getting it good!"

"Okay, okay. That's enough," I said, not wanting to talk anymore about my encounter with the werewolf this weekend.

"Okay, but for real, I'm glad you stood up to your dad." I looked over at Aaisha and smiled.

"I'm proud of you too," Luca's husky voice said. His beard was slightly less tame than it usually was and he looked a little disheveled. His eyes glowed slightly when he looked up at me with happiness. I smiled down at him.

Luca was the other reason that my dad didn't want to drop me off. My dad didn't like the idea of me sharing an apartment with a man other than himself or Brett. He imagined me dating a "good guy" like Brett and moving in to an apartment somewhere right in the city and being the perfect house wife or something like that.

He never actually met Luca before but from various stories I had told him he decided Luca was too wild and too much like those werewolves for me to live with. I always assured my dad that Luca was fine and never once did I dare tell him that Luca was a werewolf.

"Well, I'll see ya'll later! I got to go get ready for my week of work today." Aaisha looked at us with a huge smile. She had worked in a preschool for almost four years and she had finally landed her dream job of working at a law firm. "And ladies and gents, we are going to go out drinking on Friday because these kids are gonna be getting on my nerves this week."

She skipped to her room. I did the same minus the skipping part and got ready for the day.

The week went by dreadfully slow for both me and Aaisha. My mind kept wondering back to that mystery werewolf and his words.

I knew that nothing could ever technically happen between us since he was a werewolf and I was a human. All werewolves have mates, which is someone you're destined to be with. Humans never mated with werewolves because not only was it frowned upon by almost everyone, but apparently the moon goddess never paired together a human and a werewolf – at least that's what Luca told me.

But a girl can dream and let me tell you all my dreams this week were of that guy doing some dirty things to me.

"Luca! Mae! Let's go! We are going to be late!!" Aaisha yelled from the living room.

We both walked out of our rooms to find her with a bottle of wine in her hand. She put her lips to it and took a big swing.

"Could you not wait like fifteen minutes to start drinking?"

"Nope. Nah-uh. Those kids make me want to become an alcoholic." She took another swing. I jogged over to her and took the bottle from her and put it in the fridge. She gave me a glare and took her purse and walked out to the car.

Luca looked over at me. "This is going to be a long night."

I smirked. "She just needs some food and she'll most likely drop the attitude and be herself again."

We followed her out and began out ride to the bar. The drive in the woods was quiet and quick, but traffic hit once we were approaching the city. We sat in literal parked traffic for twenty minutes.

"Okay. No, we ain't doing this. Take this exit and we will go to the Eclipse Bar, right off of the highway. Right there you see it? I ain't waiting any more in this traffic. I'm tired, hungry, and in need of some men to make my night better."

"The Eclipse Bar is a bar for werewolves, you're most likely not going to find any attractive men ther--" Luca started. She pinched his ear between her fingers. "Okay, okay. We'll go." He pulled off the exit once we made it there and soon enough we were walking into Eclipse Bar.

As soon as we stepped in the whole bar went quiet and everyone turned to look at us. They could probably smell our human scent. It was either that or they could smell Luca's scent, the scent of a rogue.

Aaisha obviously didn't mind everyone staring at her. She walked right in and sat herself down in a booth. Once everyone started talking again and the music started to play, Luca and I followed. The waiter came over and we ordered our drinks and food.

The night was filled with mostly Aaisha and I eating buffalo chicken wings and drinking fruity drinks.

"Come on! Let's go dance!" Aaisha yelled over the music after a few hours. She pulled me out of the booth and over to the dance floor where a few wolves have begun dancing. I felt so out of place here. They were all so much taller and looked so much hotter than I did. I felt like a sore thumb.

I looked back at Luca to see him watching us – well mostly just watching me. He smirked my way as I mouthed the words 'help me' to him. He shook his head and watched as Aaisha tried to get me to dance. Soon, his attention fell elsewhere as two female wolves approached him while smiling. I turned away, not wanting to see whatever was going to happen there.

I grabbed a shot from the waiter and let it burn as it slid down my throat. If I was going to embarrass myself dancing, I was going to try not to remember it tomorrow. After another shot, I felt the buzz and I began to sway my hips to the music. We danced for a few more minutes before a male came up behind Aaisha whispering something in her ear. She giggled like a mad-woman and looked over to me.

"Hey MAE! We are going to go get some more 'drinks'!" She exaggerated a wink in my direction. "I might be back before tomorrow. I don't know."

I smirked in her direction and nodded. She was totally not going to get some drinks.

I decided to stay on the dance floor for a little longer after she left. I was feeling really good. I swayed my hips to the music and took another shot from the waiter.

I felt someone's presence come up behind me; their hands at my hips.

"I told you I'd see you again, Kitten," a husky, deep voice whispered in my ear.

_____________________________________

Comment. Like. Share. Follow.