[18] Liking Mr.Player

Dedicated to _skye- for the awesome banner!! Its really nice :D

Chapter 18

My whole body tensed up as I got ready to leave for school the next day. I remembered how I'd told Dylan that I couldn't resist him. Geez! What had got into me? I mean "I can't resist you anymore" where the hell had that came from? Ugh! It's so embarrassing.

I went over to my car, and got ready to go. Since I had deliberately told Dylan to stay away from me, it was obviously not hard to guess that he wouldn't be giving me lifts to school anymore. I have to say though I'll miss our silly conversation we had in his sports car.

But maybe whatever is happening is happening for the best. I should stay away from him. He's not good for me. I have to admit it, if I continue staying around him, I'll get attached to him, and if I get attached-I'll get my heart broken.

Heart broken? Dylan didn't have my heart, right? So how will I get my heart broken? Gosh! Alex Rojers, you're going crazy! STOP THINKING.

The drive to school took barely fifteen minutes. All through the drive, I was playing bad rock music, just so I couldn't hear my own thoughts over the blaring beats of the drum and the loud noise of the guitar.

As soon as reached school, I parked my car at its usual place, and then rushed to the main school building. I made my way to the lockers, trying to stop the thoughts of Dylan evading my mind. It's just, every day when I got ready to go to school, the only thought which entered my mind was-that I'll be seeing Dylan. But now? Just the thought of Dylan seemed wrong. Why should I miss him? I'm a nobody for him. And he's the guy who pretended to be my friend, just to have sex with me. And guess what? He got just what he wanted.

"Alex!!!" I heard Tia's familiar high-pitched girly voice, and didn't feel at all surprised when she hugged me from behind. "I missed you. I mean after the party. Enjoyed with Mr. Player?" she said, wiggling her eyebrows, like she knew exactly what I and Dylan had done at the night of the party.

"Uh...not really" I said biting my lips.

"What happened? Something's happened, I know. But the question is, what?"

"I and Dylan aren't talking anymore."

"What?! You're kidding, right? I mean you both were just so...tight, close. I mean not really bestest-buddies-in-the-world close, but close."

"Right! Close..."

"What happened?!" she said pulling me towards her, so that I faced her. I looked away from her piercing brown eyes, which could see right through me.

"Oh no, he did not, did he?"

I nodded. "He did."

"Oh. My. God." Torey said, after a huge gasp. "How could he?!"

"I can't believe it either!"

"But you guys were supposed to be friends, right?"

"No Tia, he pretended to be my friend. He pretended that he wanted to be my friend. It was all a show. He just wanted to use me"

"Gosh! I can't believe it! How could he?! Are you okay?"

"Of course I'm okay! Why wouldn't I be? I mean I don't like him. I just-I just-he was just a friend" I said, suddenly feeling...bad?

"Oh my god! You so like him! You're totally into him, aren't you?" Tia said, her eyes wide.

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"Oh yes you do! Don't deny it. Do you miss him?" she asked.

I bit my lips again, in frustration. "Yeah, I guess." I replied. There was no point in lying.