Keefe

After Sophie had woken up that morning, she'd changed into a plain red tunic and leggings. She pulled her hair into a messy braid and then went downstairs to eat breakfast.

Usually Sophie's life would be filled with hectic plans and Neverseen defeating, but the Black Swan hadn't contacted her in a couple of weeks, so now she was waiting for them to tell her something. She should've probably been worried about it, but really she was a little glad to enjoy the relaxation.

After Sophie had eaten breakfast, she spent the rest of her day walking around Havenfield's pastures...but after getting creeped-out by the Verminion, Sophie decided to head back inside.

"Where's Sandor?" Sophie asked Edaline when she noticed her bodyguard wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"He's doing a sweep of Havenfield--he thought he saw something earlier." Edaline answered warily.

Sophie smiled at her mom. "I'm sure everything's going to okay." Even though she wasn't at all sure.

Edaline nodded before Sophie went up to her room. She plopped down on her bed and started to scratch under Iggy's chin before there was a knock on her door.

Sophie blinked a couple of times, confused, before getting up and opening the door. Standing there, was none other than Keefe Sencen.

He wore a gray undershirt, a blue jerkin, gray pants, and black boots. His hair was styled to perfection and he had a smirk on his face.

Sophie couldn't help to think that he looked very handsome.

It wasn't like she wasn't allowed to think those thoughts. She'd gotten over Fitz a long while ago, and she'd, since then, realized that she really liked Keefe.

She just didn't know how to tell him that.

"Oh, hey Keefe," She said with a smile. "What're you doing here?" She moved aside to let him in and smiled even wider when he strutted through the threshold.

Keefe shrugged as a smirk formed on his lips. "Oh, I just thought I'd spend so quality time with my most favorite compadre."

Sophie giggled and her face turned a light shade of pink.

"Well, that's nice of you." She said, walking over to her bed and sitting down. "Now, what's the real reason?" Sophie lifted an eyebrow as she said the words.

Keefe laughed. "I told you: I want to hang out." He walked over and sat down next to her. "And I want to ask you a really important question."

Sophie smiled. "I knew there was something,"

Keefe laughed, but then he went silent for a long time.

"Earth to Keefe!" Sophie waved and hand in front of his face, causing him to focus on her. "What'd you want to ask me?"

Keefe opened his mouth, but then shut it, opened it again, and then shut it.

He did this for a long time before he stopped, smirked, and asked, "Are you ticklish?"

"No!" She answered, a bit to quickly.

Keefe grinned before ticking her ribs, causing her to let out a squeaky giggle. "Are you sure about that?"

Sophie's face went red, but then an idea formed in her mind.

"Are you ticklish?" She asked.

All the color drained from Keefe's face. "Uh...n-n-no?"

Sophie grinned, before she lunged toward him, tickling his ribs and neck, making him laugh hysterically.

It'd become a war-zone of tickles, and only to strong survived. She ended up pinning him on the ground, so obviously she was stronger.

Sophie stopped tickling, and Keefe stopped struggling as they stared into each other's eyes. She couldn't help but wish the Black Swan had remembered to change her eye color in the process of them creating her.

But sadly, she'd gotten brown instead.

"Um..." Sophie started, realizing their weird situation and becoming the awkward person she was. "How about we just make this easy and forget this ever happened." She got up and leaned against her bed-frame.

Her face was red-hot, and she swore she had to be on fire.

"I don't know," Keefe said, also getting up and standing in front of her. "I kind of had fun, and there's something else I need to tell you."

"What?" Sophie asked, realizing now how close they were.

Keefe took a small step forward, so close she could feel his breath on her face. She let out a shaky breath as he leaned forward.

Sophie tilted her head up and met his lips. She couldn't believe she was kissing KEEFE SENCEN!

And the moment probably would've lasted longer if the door hadn't been swung open, interrupting the moment.

Sophie and Keefe whipped around to see Dex, Fitz, Biana, Tam, Linh, Grady, Edaline, Alden, Della and Mr. Forkle standing right outside her door.

Sophie's face burst into flames right before she grabbed Keefe's hand, ran toward her window, and jumped right out of it. Soon, thunder cracked and the two of them slipped into the void.

I hope you like this better than the original, and I'd love to know what you think! Love ya!