Chapter 11

OMG GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! FLASHBACK'S COVER IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN HONOR OF THAT, IM READY TO WRITE A GREAT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry this was supposed to published a few days ago)

EndofthedayEndofthedayEndofthedayEndofthedayEndofthedayEndofthedayEndoftheday! Repeated over and over and over in Lai's mind as she sprinted for the lightleaper at full speed, pushing past Mentors and shoving through groups of Prodigies. Her head stung, but that didn't matter.  EndofthedayEndofthedayEndofthedayEndoftheday! She had spent most of it with the boy, who had been identified as Orris-Hibilae. His emotions had never wavered, not once. That worried her. It worried her a lot. But Elwin had said that he would be up on his feet tomorrow, and that she could stop by before her first class. EndofthedayEndofthedayEndoftheday!!!!! Lai pumped extra energy into her legs, and sprinted with all her might. Almost there almost there almost- That was precisely when she banged into Cess-HARD.

"OW!" Lai cried, falling to the ground.

Cess turned around and looked like she wanted to give whoever had banged into a piece of her mind- before she realized who it was. Her feelings immediately changed  to shock and concern.

"LAI! ARE YOU OKAY?!?!?"

"Fine, Cess. I'm fine."

She got up and Cess looked her over. Lai noticed that there was a huge crowd around the Lightleaper. It almost looked like all of Foxfire.... "What's going on?"

"I haven't the faintest idea, but i've been waiting forEVER!"

"Then let's go see!" The girl said impatiently. 

"How? Push through them? That's not righ-"

"Mhm come on-Woah..." She grabbed her hand and almost immediately recoiled. The feelings coursing through her almost made her black out. She staggered back before regaining her balance.

"Lai? Lai! Are you ok!?"

Lai shook her head before replying, "Fine. Fine. Just dandy."

She grabbed for her hand again, but Cess yanked it away. "Lai, what's wrong!"

"Nothing!" Lai lunged for her friend's other hand, but she held it out of her reach.

"Lai! Something is wrong and i'm not moving 'till you tell me what it is!"

"I told you already! I'm fine! What makes you think i'm not?!"

"When you touched me, you went completely pale and almost fainted. Some. Thing. Is. Wrong. With. You. What. is. it?!?!"

Cess's words almost made her question herself. Was there something..Wrong with her?

"Y-your feelings are just r-real-ly strong. Just-this isn't about me!"

"Should we go to Elwin?"

 "No!" She didn't want to set a record for Most Visits to a Physician's Office Ever! 

"Are you sure?" 

"Positive! Now lets go!" Reluctantly, Cess let her grab her hand. The feelings weren't quite as bad anymore. Together, they ran to the Lightleaper.

:-) 

-Nightsong