Dreams and Dragons ( 1 )

The wind danced through my hair as I ran through the woods. Beautiful oak trees stood tall and prideful. An eagle soared in the sky above me. I slowed to a stop as I entered a clearing. I sat down in the lush green, waiting. It will be here soon.

The wind then picked up as it got closer. The loud roar of a forgotten beast. A moment passed before the beautiful creature came over the tree line.

My dragon.

It's was as big as a school bus with enormous leathery wings. It scales a perfect crimson red. Two elegant horns protruded from its head. Darker red spikes ran down its neck and ended at its tall. The tail was thick and strong, yet prehensile. Its teeth and claws were ivory white. However, its true beauty was held in its eyes. The golden amber eyes were kind yet terrifying at the same time.

 The golden amber eyes were kind yet terrifying at the same time

It landed softly on the ground as I walked over to it. I held out my hand before it pressed its large snout into my hand and closed its eyes in bliss. After a moment it raised its head and laid down. With its tail, the dragon guided me to its back. I smiled to myself as I grabbed into its spikes and pulled myself up. I threw my leg over its back as the dragon stood up. It opens up its wings.
It bent down ready to shoot off into the sky and--

"Miss Highlander wake up please you are going to be late for your fathers' party."

I opened my eyes to see Maria, our maid, standing next to my bed with a silver and red dress in her hands.

Oh come on it always ends at the good part, I thought to myself. I have been having that same dream for the last few days. What does it mean I always asked myself.

I looked over at the clock on my nightstand it read: 11:14. Maria was right the party would start at noon. I shot out of bed then grabbed the dress out of Maria's hands. Who then let out a small giggle. I ran into my bathroom to change.

You see my loving father, Edward Highlander III, owns one of the biggest businesses in the world, Highlander tech. Now you see Highlander tech. is a multi. billion organization that specializes in the tech industry. Anything from Virtual reality to Online Rental. Therefore, he doesn't really have time for me or my family. Maria is really the only family I have after my mother died when I was born. Maria was the one who took care of me.

I walked out of the bathroom of our Manhattan penthouse in my dress and went over to the mirror. My long brunette hair went down past my shoulder. My green eyes, inherited from my mother, were warm and kind just like hers used to be. That is what I know from what Maria told me and the few pictures that remain in the penthouse.

I looked at my clock and it read: 11:45. Fifteen minutes until the party starts.

. . .

I walked into my fathers' party on open ground floor of our apartment building, and I knew I was going to hate it. I never was one for parties like this. The rich guy's at every corner talking about themselves and being burdens to society. I scanned the large room looking for my father. He stood in the middle of all the men like he was the self adsorbed king he was.

As I walked to him he locked eyes with me and glared. Clearly, I had done something wrong. About what, I couldn't tell you. I took my place next to him like every other party I had been to. I was put there so I didn't cause trouble. Although, I would most likely find a way to do so.

"Father", I said.

"You are late." He said, eyes not moving to look at her.

"I'm sorry, father."

"No, you are not. If you cause trouble tonight there will be consequences. Understood?"

"Yes, father."

With that, he left to join the other men in a political, boring conversation.

As the party got into full swing the rich guys got drunk and became even worse, if that was possible in the first place.

In an all too sudden change of events, a boy who appeared to be my age came up to me.

Oh great this wasn't going to end well. I could tell.

"You must be Miss Larisa Highlander correct? I never miss a pretty face such as yours", He said as he kisses my hand and smirked.

You don't know how much I wanted to smack the smile off his face but nonetheless, I smiled.

"That I am, however, I do not know you."

"I'm Elijah Thomson."

"Well Elijah, I hope you are enjoying yourself at my fathers' party."

" I am thank you. Would you like to dance?"

"No thank you."

After the shock wore off of his face at my rejection, he bluntly states "Come on I lowered my standards now it's your turn."

"Excuse me?"

"You know I can make you happy"

"Really? How? Are you leaving?" I said, a sarcastic smirk evident on my face.

"How dare you? My father will hear of this.", He gasped.

"Yes, go cry to papa and leave me alone"

He was pissed. He turned on his heels and stomped off. I did the same. If he did tell his father I didn't want to be in firing range of my father. I slipped out of the party and too the elevator up to our roof top garden, then I took off my shoes. they were killing my feet and threw them off deeper into the graden. I began walking into our the garden that could be easily mistaken for a jungle in the street city of Manhattan. This was my safe place and no one could take that from me. My thoughts wavered as I walked deeper into the jungle of the gardens.

A/N

Plz, tell me what you guys think even if it's bad I can take it.

;-)