(26) Love a little longer.

Chapter 26- Love a little longer.

It was the next morning when I awoke again. I felt refreshed, amazing and ready to start the day. After all, I had plenty hours of sleep.

A strong pair of arms were wrapped around my body, and I woke up in the same position as I had been in when I fell asleep. I could feel Kyle's warm breath fanning against my neck, and it gave me a sense of comfort, reassurance and safety, even after everything that's happened.

I was desperate to go to the toilet, but I couldn't quite seem to move out of Kyle's vice grip. I wiggled slightly, but he pulled me further into his body.

He grumbled against my neck, sighed, and fell asleep again. I sighed in reply.

I wondered why my father hadn't been up to check on me, I wondered why he hadn't kicked Kyle out if he had. What did they talk about last night? It gave a sense of mystery, and I wasn't sure if I liked it.

I tried wiggling free again, I was becoming even more desperate to go to the toilet.

"Don't go," he croaked.

"Kyle, I need to," I replied. He didn't loosen his grip around me.

"No," he pleaded. "No,"

"Kyle," I groaned. "Let me go," as soon as I said this, I realised Kyle was still asleep. His breathing was heavy, his heart beating fast. He was thriving a little in his sleep, as if he was trying to chase something, catch something.

"You can't go, don't go, don't go, please, please don't leave me," it sounded as if he was sobbing slightly in his sleep.

"Kyle," I tried to coax him out of his sleep, I knew better than to try and wake him up by abrupt movement.

"You'll damage me, you'll kill me, I can't take it, don't go!" He pleaded in his sleep. He seemed strangled, as if his emotions were pouring out at the seams.

"Kyle!" I shouted. He jumped, as if his soul was returning back to his body, as if he had finally reached Earth.

His breathing was laboured, his heart beating wildly. He panted against my neck and I could feel the slight dampness of sweat on his forehead.

"What?" He asked bewildered as he turned onto his back. I looked into his eyes, his eyes were dazed, wide and alarmed.

I moved forward to him, his eyes watching my every movement. I laid down next to him, comforting him, just like he comforted me. I took him into my arms, because I knew he needed it.

I didn't talk, I didn't have to. I didn't want to ask him what his nightmare was about, I just wanted to show him that I was here.

"Fuck," he breathed as he wrapped an arm around my body in return. "Fuck, fuck,"

"Shhh," I soothed as I ran my finger across his lower belly. He shivered slightly.

"Please tell me you're here," he whispered stupidly. I wanted to roll my eyes.

"Of course I am, I'm not leaving," he let out a long breath. "Besides, this is my house, you'll be leaving if anything," I added in humour. Kyle's chest vibrated as he laughed.

"I don't know what I'd do without you,"

"Likewise," I replied as I looked to him cheekily. He looked better now, more stable, grounded and relaxed. I was happy I could take his mind of what was troubling him.

And I tried to ignore the building pressure in my bladder.

"Let's not go to school today," he stated.