Chapter 41- the longing look

"Have you thought about it?" Kate asks me as she and Violet walk into the kitchen.

"Thought about what?" I ask as if I don't know what she's talking about.

"You know what we're talking about," violet says and they both jump onto the countertop.

There is a long pause.

"Yeah, I'm still thinking," I say as I cut the vegetables and Kate jumps off the counter and walks towards me.

"Venus, you don't have to decide it right away. Just know, we are all here for you, no matter what you choose," she says and pats my shoulder.

A whimper escapes me lips and her hand on my shoulder tightens and she slowly turns me around. There is a shocked expression on hers and Violet's face.

Violet gasps and walks to me. "What... what happened?" She asks and cups my face into her arms. "Why... why are you..."

I sniffle back another another whimper and she pulls me into a hug. "Oh Venus."

"I... I haven't slept well last night. I just couldn't stop thinking about her nor the abusive childhood I have had because of her," I start and they both stand there and listen to me.

"Then, I realized something. Not only I but she was also wronged. She was robbed of her choice to keep me and had to bear the burden for so long because of only one man. I can't blame her for giving me away, she did that to protect me from that psychotic Richard who's apparently my biological father. I can't blame her for everything, I have seen the look of longing in her eyes when she looks at me. The look that I have been waiting to see in mom's eyes but never found it. But, I found it in hers, and I can't ignore that."

"We support your decision Venus, just keep all the possibilities in mind," Kate says with a small smile.

"I'll go talk to her," I say as I walk past them and darkness takes over my eyes and I shudder and hold onto the cabinets for support.

"Venus, are you okay?" Violet quickly holds me and I nod.

"I just lost balance," I answer back.

"When's the last time you ate something?" Kate asks and I shrug.

"Uh- like last night," I answer and she gasps.

"You haven't ate anything for the past day? How could you be so careless? First, eat then you're going to talk to her," violet says and I shake my head.

"No, I need to see her. Now."

"I think Ian would like to know about this," Kate threatens me and my lips form into an O.

"You wouldn't," I whisper and she lifts her brows and curls her lips.

"Oh, yeah I would if you don't eat," Kate says and I groan in frustration.

"Why you gotta be so tough about this? I swear I'll eat something outside," I say and she shakes her head.

"Eat in front of me or Ian hears about this little carefulness of yours and trust me, he won't be pleased to know that you're not eating properly," Kate says in her threatening voice.

They have this advantage over me.

Anytime I don't listen to them, they bring up Ian. He's the only one whom I would listen to about anything. I don't want him to worry because that all he does, worry about me.

So, if Kate tells him, he'll insist on coming with me to talk to her and I don't want him to take my troubles as his which he will either way but I will try my best to deal with it myself.

"Fine," I groan and sit down on the table and they approach me with food.

___

After eating I quickly left the house to see Mrs. Chivalry. She is a surgeon so she has to be in the hospital.

"Excuse me? Is Dr. Chivalry free?" I ask the receptionist and she nods. "Thank you."

I walk to her office and wait at the door. I raise my hand up to knock on it but my body freezes over and I can't move nor do anything.

I'm not ready.

I can't do this alone.

Just as I take a deep breath in while eyes closed, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I quickly turn around and find Cayson standing there with a smile.

"Cayson... what?" I ask in confusion and he smiles.

"We couldn't let you come here alone," he says and my friends walk up to us and I smile at them all warmly. "Thought you might need some support."

They all look at me with smiles on their faces. I am so happy that I don't have to do this alone. I quickly grab onto Cayson's hand and intertwine our fingers together.

He looks at me and pecks my forehead and I smile. "Thank you," I whisper and he nods.

"Anything for you," he whispers back and I turn around to face the door.

"I think I'll be fine," I say and knock on the door.

There is no response for a moment before I knock again.

Again, no response.

I turn my head and find them all waiting for the door to be opened but it doesn't. Where is she?

"I think she is attending a patient at this moment," I tell them and they nod. "We can wait on this bench."

___

After what seemed like forever, a man walks towards her office and slams on the door. I quickly stand up and look at a middle aged man. He's wearing a three-piece Armani, his hair nicely combed back in a style. His nostrils flare the same way mine does when I get really mad. His dark eyes turn to me and he takes a step towards me.

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find Olive Montgomery?" He asks in his thick british accent.

I want to tell him that she is here somewhere but I can't. Instead I shake my head and he sighs. I wanted so badly to tell him but something about him doesn't give off the right vibe.

"I can... I can't take your message," I offer and his dark eyes turn to me again.

"I have to..." he stops and takes a deep breath. "I'd rather you not."

"Okay," I say and sit back down.

"But would you be so kind and tell her that I was looking for her?" He asks and my brows furrow.

"Maybe that I has a name," I say and he chuckles lightly.

"Of course I do dear, it's Richard Wellington," he says and I take a sharp breath in. 

For a brief moment, everything pauses. His mouth is moving constantly but I can't hear anything. It's as if I'm stuck in this place forever. I want to speak but when I open my mouth, nothing comes out of it. I try to swallow my own spit but my mouth is dry.

Am I just imagining things or is this really my biological father standing right in front of my own eyes?

"And your name is?" He asks and I blink at him.

___

Shocker!

Richard is back!

Are you guys excited? Whoever read AMMB, I'm sure you guys hate Richard ever since but whoever didn't read my previous book, you're in for a ride.

I won't say that you should hate Richard but you will see in upcoming chapters the stuff he does.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed.

Don't forget to support me by pressing that little star at the end of your screen! It really motivates me to write more and update often for you guys.