Chapter 43 Part 2

Thank you all for your sweet comments about my picture. It honestly made my day. 

ALEXIS

After the Moon Goddess had disappeared with her mate, I managed to figure out where I was after doing some scouting. I realized that if I ran for like ten minutes, I would reach the pack boundaries.

My heart was pumping as I shifted into my wolf and raced towards the west border. 

I could not wait to see Hudson again. 

And I already knew what I was going to say to him.

When I reached the border, there were a few wolves on guard so I shifted back and approached them. It took a few seconds for them to realize I was there, and I had to try not to laugh at their faces when they recognized me.

"L–Luna?"

I smiled and hugged the warriors, "It's nice to see you guys again."

They kept opening and closing their mouths as if they couldn't get words out. The smile on my face grew a little wider. 

"Luna."

I turned around at the voice and felt my smile falter slightly, "Hi Denise."

She bowed her head respectively, "Should I mind-link Alpha Hudson to let him know you're here?"

I shook my head, "No thanks. I would like to surprise him. Where is he?"

"Uh," she trailed off awkwardly, looking at the other warriors for help.

My heart plummeted at the looks on their faces, and I pursed my lips worriedly, "Denise, where is he?"

"Luna, the griffins are here. They're trying to negotiate a deal of some sort."

My face hardened, "Take me there."

We were going to end this once for all. I was tired of this shit. All I wanted was a normal life with my mate, was that too hard to ask?  

I guess the blessing sort of took away the normal part, but I didn't want to spend the rest of my life fighting off creatures with Hudson. Not to mention the pack deserved a normal life as well. They shouldn't have to keep their guards up for the rest of their lives because of me.

As Denise led me towards the location, I slowed my pace and stared down at the bag Diana had given me.

"When the time is right, open this bag. You'll know what to do."

I pulled the drawstring and peered inside. When I had a good look, I closed it slowly and smiled to myself.

Thank the Moon Goddess. I knew what to do now.

"Right here, Luna," Denise whispered from in front of me. I stepped past her and realized that we were standing to the side of the group so they hadn't noticed us yet.

I was actually amused by the sight in front of me.

Xavier and Hudson were in each other's faces and glaring murderously. The only funny thing was that Xavier was shorter than Hudson, so he was practically on his tiptoes to get in Hudson's face.

"She has to be here! Where else could she be?" Xavier yelled, making me roll my eyes.

I stepped forward and leaned against a tree, "I don't know. Maybe over here?"

Their heads shot to me, and my eyes met Hudson's immediately. It looked like he was having a hard time believing that I was actually standing in front of him.