Chapter twenty

Pic of Addison slaying as usual X

"Mia, shut up I have to go" I say as Mia literally blocks the door.

"Nope, you can't leave yet" she says while smirking and looking out the window.

What the hell is she up to?

I jerk away from my thoughts when the doorbell rings, Mia laughs while running to her room.

I roll my eyes before opening the door slowly.

I am going to be so late for work...

Once the door is open, I look up and my breath caught.

Great, I am going to kill you Mia.

"Addison" Ryder smirks at me.

"R-Ryder" I say, shit why does he look so hot just for work?

"My car's out the front lets go" I nod slightly before walking down the steps and then into the car.

It had been only a few days since Ryder and I went out together and I hadn't seen him until now.

Why did Mia do this?

The car ride was so awkward, and I let out a small sigh of relief when we finally reached the building.

Saying thanks and goodbye to the driver, Ryder and I got out and walked into the building.

Everyone was looking at us...again

Why can't everyone just mind their own business?

I thought as Ryder and I walked into the elevator.

"Here, it's the work of today" Ryder says a little stressed.

"Okay, but are you-"

"Im fine, see you later" he says before brushing past me.

Something is wrong.

I thought as I hastily went back to my new office.

What's up with him?

I thought as I flicked through the final touches of the gala plan.

It was going to be perfect and this time I would not ruin it for myself, this night has to be perfect and it was going to be.

Since it's in a few days I really had to hurry without any interruptions.

***

A few stressful hours later, I was finally done and I couldn't wait for this gala to happen now.

As I was making my way to Ryder's office, I heard talking and I was about to just knock until Tessa's voice.

"Ryder, why do you like her I mean she isn't honest with you, she is keeping a lot from you" she says making me freeze.

No, no, no she cannot tell Ryder about my father and what he did to me.

"Tessa, I-I don't know, why the fuck are you in this building we had a deal" he says making me confused.

What deal?

"Yes I know but I won't tell what you want but if you want to know" she says making me about to slam the door open but I stop myself when Ryder replies.

"Fine, what is Addison hiding?" He says making me lose it.

I bang the door open and they both look at me.