Broken Promises, Krum, and More

Days went by and Cedric had finally found the perfect charm for the next task if it was what he and Mimi thought it would be.

He had also told Harry to take a bath with the egg but from what Mimi had been telling him, no correction ranting, Harry had yet to figure out the egg.

!

They were going to Hogsmeade today and Cedric had yet to talk to Hermione Granger all day. He kept catching glimpses of her everywhere though. She was always walking with Harry and Ron, barely watching where she was going. She always seemed to ranting about something too.

"Hey mate the carriages are here." Brice yelled.

Cedric looked around once more to see if he could catch a glimpse of the golden trio anywhere but no avail. "I'm coming."

Cedric settled into the carriage next to Ian and just as they were about to move they all heard  knock.

Brice opened  the door to show Marietta and Cho.

"Could we hitch a ride with you guys?" Marietta asked.

Ian looked at Cedric. "Of course." Cedric said as he gave a hand to Marietta helping her up then doing the same for Cho. Unfortunately just as he was about to help Cho up, Harry and Hermione passed by.

Harry stopped and stared. Hermione who was walking directly behind him, hadn't anticipated it and bumped right into him.

"Ouch." Hermione muttered as she rubbed her nose. "Harry Potter, warn someone before you do that again." She chastised. But Harry wasn't listening. Hermione looked to where Harry was staring. She saw Cedric with his head and arm out ready to help Cho Chang up the carriage.

She almost jumped in surprise though when Ian stuck his head out the window. "Yo Meems, Harry!"

"Ian." Hermione said trying not to laugh.

"Hey do you two need a ride?"

Harry opened his mouth to say yes, anything to get close to Cho even if Cedric was there although with Hermione there, Cedric was bound to not pay all that much attention to anyone else.

Hermione who could practically read his thoughts whacked him slightly over the head, well the first part. "No Ron said he already saved us a carriage, thanks though."

Ian and Cedric both simultaneously gave sad puppy dog looks. Hermione laughed at the both of them. It made her wonder if they coordinated these looks before. "Maybe we'll meet each other at the Three Broomsticks for a drink or something."

"You better." Ian said same time Cedric said "Promise."

"Cross my heart. Bye guys." Then she began to walk off, dragging Harry behind her.

"I don't know what to think about her, the Granger girl." Marietta said as the carriage began its journey. "I mean sometimes she's too… "

"I think she's nice." Cho said.

"Everyone bloody thinks that even the Slytherins. Though they hate her for it."

Ian and Cedric gave each other weird looks. "Ok Marietta where are you trying to go with this?" Ian asked warily.

"Why couldn't she be in Ravenclaw! I mean for the fourth time Gryffindor's going to win the House Cup, at least before it used to be Ravenclaw and Slytherin switching."

Ian covered his mouth so that he wouldn't laugh. Cedric didn't know quite what to say but he was relieved, he liked Marietta, she wasn't one of the frivolous girls that followed him, Krum, or even Harry around. She was confident and smart. He was glad to see that Marietta wasn't one of the girls that resented Mimi.