Consequences of the 2nd Task

Cedric swam trying to look all around him. It was murky and soon Cedric found himself lost. But he wasn't the only one, Krum seemed just as lost.

Swimming farther away from Krum he seeme to just get even more lost. Then he saw someone or something swim across him. As he looked closer he noticed the features of the something. Yellow eyes, broken teeth, and just plain not what he expected a mermaid to look like. He followed the merman and soon he encountered a village.

Just beyond the village he saw a familiar floating body. Eyes closed, brown hair floating around her like a halo. His breath caught as he knew who it was.

As he got closer he saw Harry struggling with two of the mermen. He said a spell and a shot of light came out to chase the mermen away.

Harry turned around quickly and caught sight of Cedric. The two nodded at each other.

When Cedric got closer he saw that there were four floating bodies. One that had red hair who had to be a Weasley. Then there was Cho… and a small figure that had white blonde hair that seemed to glow even in the murkiness. Wait why was Cho here? The Weasley was obviously for Harry and the small blonde was for Fleur. But then… Wait then what was going on? Why were Hermione and Cho both here? Unless… oh merlin they must've chosen the dates of him and Krum. So Mimi was here for Krum. That thought made him feel sick.

When he went to grab the two girls, Cedric was stopped by a merman threatening him with a trident like object.

Only one! The merman said.

Cedric felt taken aback. He opened his mouth but he still had the bubble head charm on so nothing could be heard.

Only one. You decide who matters more.

Cedric didn't know how to respond to that.

But then he saw Krum swimming towards them. Krum headed straight to Hermione, swimming past Cedric and the merman without even a look.

Cedric narrowed his eyes then turned away from the merman. Krum was having trouble getting to Hermione's ropes as he was a half man half shark creature. Meanwhile Cedric took less than a second to get Cho free.

He waited for Krum to get Mimi free not sure what he was going to do but he'd be damned if he let him have her.

When Krum finally got Mimi free, Cedric swam up to him and switched Mimi out with Cho and swam away before Krum even had the chance to comprehend what happened. He felt bad handing Cho like that as if she was nothing more than a game pawn. But he knew Krum would rescue her or he' be out of the competition.

Hermione suddenly felt cold and began to cough up water.

She opened her eyes to see a smiling face of Cedric and there were cheers all around her.

"Meems." Cedric said then hugged her even though they were still in the middle of the lake.

"Ceeeedrrriccc." She said her teeth chattering as she clung to him. "Ittt's reeeelly coooold."

Cedric gave her a concerned look then swam as fast as he could with her still wrapped around him not that either really noticed but the crowd certainly had.

Professor McGonagall and Sprout both looked at each other unsure of what to say about the spectacle to of their favorite students were making.

Cedric handed her off to Ian whom immediately wrapped her into a towel.

"Where's Haarrrry." Hermione asked.

"He should be up soon Meems. He was already there when I got there." Cedric said.