Rewind : Jungkook 🌹

Trigger warning

"aish...." He groans as the alarm clock starts ringing

'5:30 a.m' he reads and turns it off before tiredly waking up.

"Happy birthday wifey" he mutters and his eyes automatically gets wet by the thought of you

He slowly starts to get up from the bed and folds his quilt whilst humming the lyrics of rewind by Diane birch which used to be one of the most favorite songs of his late beloved wife, y/n.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The engine of his old rover revvs up and he heads towards the planned destination that he had promised to take his wife a few years ago

He puts the C.D. on and presses the button four times so as to play his wife's favorite song.

The car passes through the 'jejudo island' board.
Jungkook moves the staring wheel in the left direction to make a beeline to reach towards the meadow beyond which lied his rendezvous.
The breathtakingly beautiful river which was situated peacefully by the volcanic island

(This pic is purely fictional)

But before he even turns the staring wheel everything got so disheveled. Everything got so out of the place.... something which was quite absurd as a head on collision was something he hadn't expected. The car turns around and hits a tree trunk and before he knew his eyes close shut.

Jungkook's pov:

My eyes slowly open and I see the most dreadful scene. My engine was burning up, windshield cracked, everything looked so blurry and disoriented.
My head is bleeding and I'm pretty sure that I broke my left leg, too. My shoulders are heavy, the agonizing pain makes me twich as soon as I try to make a move.

I'd be lying if I say I'm not afraid. Yes, I admit that jeon jungkook is not afraid of anything or anyone but has been afraid of only one thing death but since the time I discovered that the love of my life won't be able to make it..... I was truly not afraid of dying anymore.

But right at this moment, the accident got the best of me.... Here I am lying by the meadows, no passerby or a car in sight.....

Well considering my age, my time is measured in months and not in years anymore.

I chuckle at the thought as it reminded me of her.
"Drive safe and come be home at time"
She always used to say that because she had the least trust on me when it came to driving, considering the ample of here and there accidents I had been a part of.....

But I don't want to die not unless I finish what I've come for..... To tell my wife that I kept my words even if it might be too late to adhere by it but still I came here to jejudo.
She's always wanted to visit the place some day and I had made her that promise the time we had come to realize she was pregnant.

My head was aching now - body was trembling and my heart was almost about to give up any minute.
I just want someone to find me and help me get out of my misery!

Oh good lord! Hear me out!

I mentally scream as my voice get muffled due to the extreme pain I was having.

I'm getting tired.... Tired... I just wanna sleep....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kookie"

"Kookie"

A groan leaves my mouth as soon as I'm suddenly woken up.
I look around and find myself still seated in an uncomfortable position in my rover.

"Kookie?"

I am taken aback listening to that voice. The voice I've craved to listen for about 70 years.....

My head turn in the direction and I am able to gasp despite the pain I was in due to the wounds had caused me

No..... It can't be her.
She's.... She is dead

I must be hallucinating..... Surely

But still her features look so beautiful.
Just like how I had bought her to the house which once used to be only mine before we got married.
She looked as angelic as she did during our wedding.

I smile and slowly tend my finger towards her perfectly sculpted face, "y/n?"

She nods and nods, "oh look at you..." She laughs, "you've aged. Grumpy old jungkook-ah" she says

I laugh. She's always been like this. Humorous. Why would god be unfair with her? She was the nicest person I ever knew. Too good to be true..... But everything happens for a reason.....

Maybe I was punished for my sins but why did she had to suffer because of me..... I've tried to ask this to myself... to god but never got any answers.

"Y/n.... Is that really you?"

"Aish.... Why? Don't I look like myself?"

A tear escapes my eyes involuntarily.
She was quick to notice and wipes it off but I couldn't really make out any difference if the tear was even wiped off in reality.... Indeed she wasn't real.

"What happened?" She asks pleating her dress pleats neatly

"A maniac hit my rover"

She tsks and cuts a piece of her dress amd I realize she wasn't pleating but was tearing her dress.
Her soft hands reach my face and she starts to clean the blood off my face
"Aww I hate to see you pain...." She pouts

I bite my lips.... She has always been so genuine at heart. She took good care of me before her death and now when she's just a mere reflection in my head still she's trying her best to distract me from my pain.

"I missed you....." I couldn't help but cry. It would be a lie if I say I moved on in these 70 years..... I couldn't really face the fact that she was gone.

"I've missed you, too..... Hap... Happy birthday y/n-ah"

"Ah I see you came to jejudo finally" she says, her eyes sparkling, "do you remember that day?"

I nod remembering....

"Jungkook..... I.... I'm pregnant" she says placing her hands over her belly

"Wh...what?" I whisper and instantly pull her into a hug

Everything should have been perfect. I wanted to make it perfect for her -us
at least. I had even booked jejudo island tickets to celebrate her birthday, as she had pleaded me to take her there but the doctor declared that she had an ovarian cancer and that's when my world shattered completely

I had lost my will to live but still I kept on trying.....

"We are finally here today" she smiles and looks at the scenery in front of her. Luscious grass, clear sky, wind blowing at a steady pace, everything set just like how aestheticly they show in movies but my eyes set at something more aesthetic. Her face.

I groan as pain hits my head terribly this time, I cough blood and look helplessly at her

She smiles and offers her hand to me and turns the volume of the music louder.... (Rewind by Diane birch)

I gulp and without hesitating I hold her hands before closing my eyes as she closes her too, "my time has come, hasn't it?" I try to say

"We meet again jungkook.... Let's live peacefully this time. Now you don't have to crave me anymore"

And that was when I knew my eyes are closed forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Don't forget to comment and vote guys. 🙏❤*

~author kookieskitty xx 🐾😘😘🌹