Chapter 70: Unwanted Entropy

"Jasper," Y/n called out as they gripped the metal bars Jasper had stuck through a crevice in an orange canyon, to Y/n it looked similar to the Prime Kindergarten as it had several humanoid like shapes carved out of the sides, but many of them were misshapen, "This isn't going to work,"

"Yes, it will," Jasper snarled as she approached the bars and slammed on them, trying to scare Y/n back, "Once I take care of those traitors you are coming back with me to Homeworld,"

"And then what? You turn me into Yellow Diamond?" Y/n asked

"If that's what I have to, then it's what I have to do," Jasper said, glancing away from Y/n

"Jasper, look at me," Y/n said, "Yellow Diamond wanted me dead. When we first spoke, her offer was either I get executed or I do what she says and then she sends me back to Earth,"

"S-She said that?" Jasper stammered

"Yes, either way she was planning on having me killed," Y/n told

"She wouldn't," Jasper said, "She has to know that..."

"Know what?" Y/n frowned

"How much you meant to Pink Diamond... All she did for you," Jasper said, "I had this... Unshakable feeling I had seen you before... As much as I wanted to ignore it, I couldn't... And it wasn't until I finally got to look into your eyes... That I remembered where I've seen you before. I've seen you with Pink Diamond, our diamond,"

"What... What're you talking about?" Y/n asked as they backed up from the bars

"You were her human," Jasper said, "She loved you more than she loved the Earth... There was one time, when she had to meet with Blue Diamond... She assigned me to look after you. I didn't think much of it at the time... I was just making sure some random human didn't cause any trouble... But now I realize how much she trusted me. How much she loved you. I'm sure once Yellow Diamond realizes what you meant to Pink, she'll reconsider,"

"What if she doesn't reconsider?" Y/n asked, "What then?"

"If Yellow Diamond's plans are to get rid of you... Then I have no choice but to defy her," Jasper told firmly

"Jasper, you have to let me out. You don't have to do this," Y/n pleaded

"I'm not keeping you in there for my own benefit," Jasper told, "It's for your safety, too,"

"My safety?" Y/n frowned

"To protect you from the other corrupted gems around here," Jasper said

"I wouldn't need this protection if we just went back to my room and talked," Y/n insisted

"Then the traitors would be able to find us and we can't have that," Jasper told, "This is to protect you from them and Lapis,"

"I don't need protection from them," Y/n gritted as they gripped the metal bars tightly

"Yes, you do!" Jasper said as she gripped the bars as well and leaned in close to get into Y/n's face, "You have no idea just what they're capable of. Once you've used up your usefulness to them, they'll just throw you out like trash. They're using you, Y/n,"

"You don't know anything about the Crystal Gems," Y/n told firmly

"I know more about those traitors than you do," Jasper said, "I fought against them for thousands of years. And you? They've been using you for... How long? One hundred years? Two hundred? When did Rose Quartz trick you into following her?"

"One year," Y/n said, "Jasper, I'm only Y/a years old,"

"Don't try to trick me. I saw you six thousand years ago," Jasper said, "We spoke,"