Chapter forty one

I hummed quietly with my eyes closed as Stella laid against my chest.

"Wake me up before you go, ooh I need a little more. Just a little more, a little more of your love." I sung quietly as she started to move and make little grunting sounds.

"She likes when you sing." Vanessa whispered from her spot on the hospital bed with Ezra in her arms. "Watch, don't sing or hum." I nodded and looked down at her, not making a sound.

She stretched her arms across my chest and started to grunt. When her breathing became short breaths, she let out a high pitched cry.

"Oh I need a jump start, when you call me I'm runnin' to ya
Gimme a headstart, gonna have me like hallelujah." Instantly her loud cries turned to whimpers as she nudged her head into my chest again.

"See?" Vanessa said with a smile. I nodded and continued to sing lowly to her.

Even though the twins were born a month early, luckily, there were no complications. In a couple hours we'd be able to take them home.

"Hey cuties." I looked up as Dana walked in with a timid Vivian behind her.

"Hey D." She cooed and looked over my shoulder at a sleeping Stella.

"I can already tell she's gonna look like you." I nodded in agreement and motioned to V.

"Ez is a fucking carbon copy of her-"

"Babe!" Vanessa hissed. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking up at her. "Don't cuss around them. They can understand that shit."

I gave her a bitch face as she literally just said shit. When realization crossed her face she shook her head.

"That didn't count."

"This isn't a game." I sassed and rolled my eyes. I noticed Viv was standing further back but her eyes lingered on Stella. "Hey Viv. Can you hold her while I go pee?" Her eyes widened as she stammered out a response.

"Me? Y-you want me to hold it- her?" I chuckled and stood up, motioning her to sit down.

"Yeah, she's you niece." Vivian sat down in the chair I preoccupied and held her arms in a cradling position. I leaned down and gently rested Stella in her arms.

I stood up and stood back, watching Viv tense up when she started to move.

"She doesn't like me, why is she moving so much?" Stella huffed and started to whine with a frowned face . "Uhhh take her, take her." Viv rushed, starting to low-key freak out as her eyes flicked between us.

Vanessa chuckled from the bed as she watched the whole thing.

"No Vivian- may I?" Dana asked, pulling a seat besides her. I nodded and crossed my arms. "She can sense your distress, you have to make her feel comfortable."

Dana took Stella and held her in her arms. "Hi Stella, you have some very pretty eyes." She stopped whining and stared up at Dana. "Can Aunt Vivian hold you now?" I watched Vivian watch Dana with adoration in her eyes. Hmm, interesting... "See? Now your turn."

Vivian sighed before taking Stella again. "Uh hey. I am your aunt, your mommy's sister. Hi." I covered my mouth to hold my laugh at her robotic tone. "Shut up I'm trying." She hissed at me.

I held my hands up before sitting in the bed besides V and Ezra. He was a lot less fussy than Stella which I was thankful for. I couldn't imagine having two crying ass babies.

"Hey bubs." He stared up at me as he sucked on his fingers.

"Are we goung to tell the public?" V asked me as she ran her fingers through the hair he had. I shrugged and let his hand wrap around pointer finger.