Its followed

I look down at my lap to think for a second. I fold my hands together and think calmly, well try to. Jeff lays his hand on mine.

"What about the case?" He asks gently.

My head snaps upwards to smile at him. (Y/N) asks me if I'm still working on it, to which I nod.

"Did the first slender ever attack humans?" I ask dad.

He shakes his head.

"The first slender never hurt a human that we know of." He says sadly.

"That you know of." My mother and I say in sync.

"I mean, you and your brothers eat humans to survive, why not him. Plus I don't think eating your own kind is good for you so he couldn't have just eaten you guys." My mother states.

It's true, the black blood that flows through our veins is poisones if given enough. That's how the proxies become immortal. We donate enough blood that's not lethal but will stop their aging factor in all their cells but still let the cells renew themselves every 7 years. This guy would have died within eating the first two slender.

"How many were there?" I ask.

My father peers at me and frowns.

"167. Not a lot but enough. Now there's just us 5." He says with a sad tone. "But yes I see where you get that. But there were animals there when he came, and then they started to leave when he stayed so it's just as possible that he ate them as a temporary filler." He explains.

My mother nods. It does make since but I still want to know what killed him. My father clears his throat.

"Its possible a slender was to much of a fight for him." He says.

I shake my head.

"After hunting so many? I think he would have learned the general fighting style that was quick to kill and not have a drawn out fight, wasting his energy." I say standing up and walking to the door when there's a knock.

My parents watch me along with Jeff. I walk out the door without saying a word and look around. No one's out here but when I look down I see the box. I look at their worries faces and crouch down to pick it up. I around again and still see nothing. I step inside as it starts to rain.

I walk back over to the group, as soon as dad looks what's in my hand he jumps up and steps away. My mom stands to, taking a step forward but my father pulls her back with one of his tenticals.

"It followed you" he says with his voice shaking a little.

I drop it when I feel it grow in heat and beat like a heart. I step towards my husband who stands in front of me. (Y/N) pushes off my dad and approaches it.

"Dont (Y/N). You'll get hurt." Jeff warns her.

But she leans down and picks it up, shes closes her eyes and smiles, tears soon roll down her cheeks. She stands up, opening  her eyes looking at my father.

"It recalled my memory of our wedding night." She says gently.

My father approaches her and gently grabs it from her to set it down on the table. He wraps his long arms around her, holding her gently as if he's afraid to break her.

"That's how it pulls people in. It recalls their treasured memories and steals the happiness from them. When there's no happiness left in the person, they commit suicide and the box steals their soul. Trapping it in the box." He explains gently petting (Y/N)'s head as she sobs into his chest.

Just then trendy comes in and looks at us confused, then lands on my parents. He stays still for a second then crashes to the floor unconscious. Andy starts to come down the stairs but we tell him to go back to his room. We rush around to move trendy and I rush upstairs to put Andy to bed.

After an hour he comes to and my father quickly punches him. We pull him off as he grows and his mouth tears open, a long with his eyes.

"YOU GAVE HER THE BOX! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" he yells in his demonic voice.

Trendy also let's his true side show and I use my tenticals to push him away as I try to hold my dad back.

"I DIDNT BROTHER, I HAD JUST DISCOVERED IT MISSING AND A SMALL GLIMPS OF NICHOLS OFFICE DOOR FLASHED IN MY MIND! WHEN SHE WASNT THERE I CAME HERE!" he tells back in defence.

I watch him and I grunt out,

"Hes telling the truth father!" I say as my feet push hard against the wood flooring.

He stops and I stand between the two. Looking back and forth at the brothers to make sure one won't lunge for the other. Both pant and cry black tears, but not of sadness. They go back to the form we all know, and favor, and embrace each other.

"Welcome back brother." Trendy says.

"Its good to be back." My father says as he paints his brothers back.