63- Crucio

The urgency of the situation didn't escape any of them. It was felt most of all by Harry and Venus as they crept through the hall of prophecy.

Somewhere in the large hall was Sirius. Sirius, being tortured by Voldemort himself. As they walked Venus couldn't help but think, what if Voldemort has already killed him? What if they were too late?

"He should be here," Harry had come to a stop at the very end of one of the long isles. "He was right here..." Harry began frantically looking down the other isles, determined to find Sirius.

"Harry," Hermione said, "I don't think Sirius is here."

"Harry." Neville squeaked from beside Venus, "have you seen this?" Neville was pointing at one of the glowing orbs on a shelf. There was a bronze plaque below it that read:

S.P.T to A.P.W.B.D
Dark Lord and (?) Harry Potter

"What's your name doing here?" Venus frowned.

"I don't think you should touch it Harry," Hermione snapped at once as Harry reached for the orb.

"Why not?" Harry said, "it's something to do with me isn't it?"

"Don't Harry." Neville warned. Harry ignored the, and grabbed it.

Nothing happened. The orb remained unmoving in Harry's hand.

"Very good Potter, now turn around nice and slowly and give it to me." A drawling voice said from behind them.

Venus turned around to see a man with blonde hair staring back at them. Lucius Malfoy had his hand stretched out.

More and more people were surrounding them, all wearing black hoods and masks, surrounding the eight of them on all sides.

"To me Potter." Malfoy repeated.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry demanded, he was holding the prophecy tightly in one hand and brandishing his wand in the other. "You've got him, he's here, I know he is."

"The little baby woke up fwightened and fort what it dreamed was two," the woman beside Malfoy mocked him.

"It's time you learnt the difference between dreams and reality." Malfoy said, "now hand us the prophecy or we'll start using wands."

"Go on then." Harry said. Venus raised her wand and stood in a defensive stance, ready to fight.

But the death eaters did not strike.

"Accio Proph-" Malfoy began.

"Protago!" Harry yelled. The Prophecy remained firmly in his hand.

"He knows how to play!" The woman laughed, "very well then-"

"I TOLD YOU NO!" Malfoy snapped, "if you smash it!"

"Very well then," the woman stepped forwards and lowered her hood, revealing the face of Bellatrix Lestrange, "you need more persuasion? Take the smallest one- we'll let him watch whilst we torture the little girl. I'll do it."

Everyone tightened around Venus, who was by far the smallest of the group.

"You'll have to smash it if you want to attack any of us." Harry told Bellatrix as Venus struggled to see over their shoulders, "I don't think your boss will be happy if you come back without it, will he?"

"What kind of prophecy is it anyway?" Venus asked.

Bellatrix looked at her, seeming to see her for the first time. "Venus is it? The daughter of my filthy cousin."