Some Fatherly Advice

Julie's pov:

As I keep glancing at my clock, I pace back and forth in my bedroom.

It's Sunday, the day of the tournament, and I am torn between going and not going.

I want to go, I want to see the boys and cheer them on.

But on the other hand, I don't want Ashton to hate me more than he probably does.

I sigh and lay back on my bed.

I hear a knock on the door, "Come in."

I look up to see my dad walking up to my bed and sitting next to me.

"Do we need.. to talk?" He asks looking at me while raising an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I'm trying to watch some tv but all I can hear is footsteps going back and fourth for the last twenty minutes." He says crossing his arms.

I let out a nervous laugh, "Who me? Pssh what? Are you sure it wasn't just... the air?"

He gives me a dumbfounded look. "I know I'm no scientist or anything.. but I'm pretty sure air doesn't make noise Julie."

"Fine.. things could be better." I sit up on the bed and move back until I am resting my head on the headboard.

"Wait, please don't tell me it's a..boy." His eyes squint at me and I can't help but let out a gulp.

"Huh? What!! No boys are.... maybe?"

He shakes his head and looks at me. "Julie, let me tell you something... boys.... I'm going to put this nicely... they are dumb."

"Wait.. but you're a guy..."

"Exactly, I'm a guy. Meaning I am smart."

Boy.. guy huh?

"I'm so confused!" I throw my hands up in the air at him.

He only laughs, "Let me tell you something Julie. I once was a dumb boy going through high school."

"Wow really?"

"Shush I'm speaking!"

"Okay okay keep going."

"Now before I got rudely interrupted," I stick my tongue out at him, "There will always be dumb boys in the world. I wish I could solve that problem, but sadly I can't."

I signal him to keep going..

"I was in highschool when I first met your mother. Well, more like introduced. You see, the crazy lady next door, Alissa, told.. threatened me to talk to her since your mom was having a rough day."

"You were scared of Alissa?" I start to laugh but he glares at me.

Alissa is like, one of the nicest people I know, and my own father is afraid of her?

"Look women are scary okay? You know how your mother gets." He whispers in a low tone.

I let out a giggle as he checks behind him just to mark sure mom wasn't listening in.

"Anyways, I was trying to find her, and next thing I know, I am being slammed into. I look down to see your, very clumsy mother, looking frantically at me."

Ah so that's where I got that gene from. No way I could have adapted this much clumsiness on my own.

"But at the time, I didn't know that was her. So I started asking HER who SHE was. I told her that I heard she was nice and I wanted to get to know her.