Controlling | Steve Harrington | Part Two

Part One is at KatetheKat8 's page! Her book is Steanger things Imagines 2. Go read that before reading my part. I really am sorry that this wasn't something you guys liked!! i believe I only did two stories like these but they are still imagines I feel came out pretty nice. It was a nice collab!

Soon after Billy had blended in with the sea of people. It was hard to listen to your own thoughts with all the commotion going on. You wanted badly to leave, but you knew better than to do that.

You wandered around the party looking for something — anything— interesting to do. Everyone was either drinking, passed out, or dancing horribly.

You sighed. This was not your type of scene. The smell of alcohol began to make your head hurt or maybe it was the sound of Billy's voice constantly running through your mind that caused your head to pound.

You felt stupid for ever getting involved with Billy.

You picked up a red cup and poured some punch in it. You were surprised that there was actually something without alcohol at this party.

"Oh, nope," you shook your head and gagged once you took a sip. It was definitely spiked. You sighed and placed the cup down.

A couple seconds after you saw the Harrington boy storm out of the house. He seemed frustrated and upset. You wondered whether you should follow after him or stay and wait for Billy.

Well, you barely knew the guy. You knew his name because Billy wouldn't stop talking about him and how annoying he was, but Steve was also a pretty popular guy at school.

You decided anything was better than being at this lame party. You pushed passed everyone as quickly as you could. Before walking out the door, you saw Billy chug down multiple beers which caused everyone to cheer him on.

"Chug! Chug! Chug!" Everyone yelled. He shot a quick look at your before he winked.

You walked out quickly. Their voices finally dying down due to the distance between you and the house. The breeze finally hit you in a wave causing you to shiver.

"Stupid dress," you muttered tugging on it.

A couple minutes later, you noticed Jonathan, a neighbor of yours, taking Nancy with him. He was a good person and you knew it so you didn't doubt his intentions one bit.

You began to search for Steve, but he was nowhere in sight. You sighed bring the palm of your hand to your head. Your head still hurt, so you decided to walk to a nearby tree and lean against it. You closed your eyes.

You were well aware that some psycho could come at any moment and kill or kidnap you, but you didn't care. You needed some time to yourself.

The music played softly in the background, but it was low enough to actually soothe you.

"Sorry. This is my tree," someone said causing you to jump. You looked up to see Steve leaning against the tree as well. Except he was at the very top. The leaves on the big tree had caused him to hide easily.

You looked closely at the tree then walked around it.

"Hmm. It doesn't have your name on it," you replied.

You heard him chuckle before jumping down from it. He stumbled but quickly regained his balance.

"I was looking for you," you told him. He gave you a weird look.

"Looking for m—oh, you're that asshole's girlfriend," he commented, "were you looking for me so your stupid boyfriend could try something again?" He said, clearly annoyed.

You closed your eyes and sighed while pinching the bridge of your nose.

"No, I was looking for you because I saw you storm out." and you looked depressed as hell and that's how I feel too.

"So?" He stared.

"So, I needed someone who also seemed fed up with this party to talk to," you replied.

"Well, you're right. I am fed up," he said biting the inside of his mouth. He looked up at the sky while continuing to bite himself.

You thought he was about to cry because that was something you did when you wanted to cry.

He breathed heavily before shaking his head and staring at you.

"What happened?" You muttered.

"Nothing," he scoffed. He sat down and leaned against the tree. You did exactly what he did.

"So, I got out of that party to run from an ass only to come looking for another, great." You said closing your eyes.

"Don't. Don't compare me to him," he said through his teeth.

You crossed your arms before shuddering again. Jeez, was it cold.

"You're cold," he stated.

"So are you." you told him, "cold hearted" you muttered.

"A cold hearted person wouldn't offer their sweater, would they?" He said.

"Exactly why you haven't offered me anything, right?" You laughed.

He put his sweater around you before both of you fell silent and stared in the direction of the crowded house.

"My girlfriend doesn't love me," he said.

"What?" You asked.

"That's what happened. My girlfriend just confessed that she doesn't love me. In her drunken state of course, but what's more truer that that, huh?" He said rhetorically.

"Wow. I-I'm sorry," you told him.

"It's fine. I mean my situation isn't as bad as yours," he told you.

"What?" You looked at him.

"C'mon. We all know He treats you like shit," he said bluntly.

You opened your mouth to say something, but no words came out. He was absolutely correct.

"So, are you going to get her back?" You said changing the subject. He eyed you suspiciously, before choosing to move forward with the conversation as well.

"I don't know. I sort of left her in there. That was dumb of me," he looked at the house again.

"Don't worry Jonathan took her," you told Steve. He looked up at you. He was clearly annoyed and/or jealous.

"I- uh I'm sorry, but it's better than being in there," you said quickly.

He sighed and nodded his head.

"You're right." He muttered.

"Would you like to get out of here?" He asked. You looked at him with a "dude, seriously?" look.

"Not like that!" He quickly added.

You thought about it for a long second. Billy would be pissed if he found out.

"Sure," you replied.