Chapter 29: Helpless.

After that, Seven had fallen asleep on Nick's shoulder for a few minutes. Nick carried him back to the car and drove Seven back to his apartment.

It was now the next day [Friday], and Seven was just getting to the office. His stomach was spinning, butterflies swirling inside of him ever since he woke up in the morning. He held two cups of coffee in his hands, stepping into Nicolas' office, witnessing him napping on his desk.

What happened after holding Nick's hand was a blur to him. Though, he could only assume that Nicolas took him back home while he was asleep. He closed the door to his office, a smile appearing on his face, "Good morning, Mr. Anderson," he greeted, waking up Nick who groaned, not moving.

Seven set the hot cup of coffee on the desk while holding his own, "Did you come back to the office after dropping me off?" he asked.

"Mmhm," Nicolas moaned, "What time is it?"

"Seven o'clock, sir," Serene responded, sliding the coffee a little, making it touch Nicolas' hands that lay above a stack of papers.

Nicolas murmured again, picking up his head from the table and grabbing the coffee, "I needed to finish some work from last night with the sponsor, but it took me a while to get it done and I ended up passing out." he shut his eyes, taking a sip from the warm beverage.

Seven beamed slightly, giving him a nod. He walked back to the couch, seeing his laptop set out on the table. Usually, he'd take the device home, but since he wasn't able to come back to the office, it was left here. Seven's cheeks warmed alongside the hand that held his morning drink. Memorizing the kiss from last night brought warmth to his stomach as well as the sensation of Nick's fingers behind his neck, bringing chills down his spine. He didn't think much about it during the event since he was taken aback by the situation.

Though, remembering it now, Seven started to feel a sense of comfort and nervousness when he thought about what had happened at the donation party. The second kiss to him was Nicolas showing him that the CEO wanted to be with him; The indirect declaration when Nicolas said he 'felt like he was at home' when he was around the assistant was enough of a confession for Seven. His head kept spinning, reminding him of that moment and it was like straight out of a romance cliche. Seven's grin grew without him even realizing it as he sat down on the couch, and opened up the laptop.

Nicolas kept his gaze on the assistant, chugging down at his hot coffee. He was too preoccupied to realize that his throat was stinging from the nonstop drinking. Coming back from dropping Seven, Nicolas couldn't pay attention to the work given by the sponsors. His cheeks glowed the entire night, rubbing his hands as he craved the assistant's touch more. The whole night, he was distracted and lost focus on the job in front of him thanks to the constant blushing and recall of the second kiss. He hoped that the embrace was a confession enough for the assistant because the CEO couldn't think of any other way to admit his feelings.

WebBaze Cooperation: Very well. I'll meet you and Mr.Anderson this coming Tuesday at a party we'll be hosting down at Denver Rd.

Seven rose from the couch, his eyes widened, "Oh my god," he softly spoke. He eyed up at Nick who lifted a brow as he set the coffee on the table.

"I got them," he muttered, "I got WebBaze!" A chuckle came out as he saw Nicolas grow a smile, standing from his seat, "You did?" he asked. Nick strolled out from his desk and towards Seven, waiting for a clear answer.

"They agreed to a dinner meeting with us on Tuesday!" The assistant clapped his hands together, stepping towards Nicolas as well. Anderson smiled, wrapping his arms around Seven, and pulling him into a hug, "I'm proud of you." the CEO mumbled, embracing Seven who kept a smile on his face.