38. Toxic

"She wore a troubled past
Like wings-
She had been through hell,
and though no one could see her demons,
they could see the face that conquered them."

-The Golden Girl
(I do not own this content)

************************************

Have you had ever felt like being in a box, trapped inside it, not a single passage being inside for you to see the sunlight, the hope, the warmness?

They say being trapped in a box is the worst thing that can happen to you.

Faye Lockwood was struggling, struggling to save herself, get herself out of the barriers, of the box.

Her smiles were fading day by day, the black hole inside her consuming the happiness.

Its been a week since the sourness blanded with her physique, taking over her.

Its been a month since she had returned from Brenda's.

Its been a week since her parents thought that its better if they call off their marriage or whatever they had for the past twenty three years.

Its been a week since she had started embracing the darkness, the bitter truth.

Sighing, she called off the alarm clock before it could ring ten minutes from then.

She didn't get any sleep, hell, she hardly closed her eyes these days.

Stumbling, she walked up to the bathroom and took a handful of water by the sink, splashing it on her face.

Her eyes did not dare to look at the mirror that stood in front of her, showing her reflection, laying out all her flaws, exposing her.

Composing herself, she walked out of the washroom and picket up a fresh pair of clothes, running her hands through her tangled hair. She was sure it looked like a nest.

"Stupid, stupid hair." She shrieked as she felt a knot. Groaning, she ran a comb through the locks, finally being able to get out of the tangling mess.

It was still too early by the time she got ready for school. Biting her lower lip, she picked up her history textbook and ran through the contents.

Faye had her first midterm exam today and she had hardly opened the textbook. No matter how many times she had gone through the entire book, Faye had always been the nerd, someone who could never risk her marks.

Circumstances did not help either, her mind was going through too many things.

Rubbing her eyes furiously from the back of her hand, Faye found herself walking out of the room.

And for the first time, she felt the absence. It was not like he was always there for her, roaming in the hallways, spending time with her, no, he was always away.

Its just, she felt a permanent change, a permanent absence that she knew will be there for an eternity, nagging her.

Her father's room will be soon turned into a store room, his office will be gone, erasing his existence.

Was she happy about it?

Surely, she never was fond of the way he acted towards her, surely, she was never going to forgive him for what he did, but leaving, without a goodbye, without even talking to her, made her too angry.

It made her feel like she was not worth it.

"Mam, starving yourself will not make it any better. Please get up, you need to go to work, the meeting will be held tomorrow, you know this contract is important for you." A frown took over Faye's features as she heard the whispers coming from her mother's room.